Deck Log (88)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Deck Log Entry # 220 Happy Thanksgiving 2019!

Pretty much the whole year, but especially as the summer winds down, I keep my eyes peeled for a good Thanksgiving tidbit to share with you…

Started by Commander Benson

10 Dec 26, 2019
Reply by Yossarian

Deck Log Entry # 219 So, You Want to Join the Mystery Analysts . . . .

You are looking at the meeting room of a unique and exclusive club, the Mystery Analysts of Gotham City, experts at the business of solving…

2 Sep 20, 2019
Reply by doc photo

Deck Log Entry # 218 The Silver-Age Challenge---Marvel Edition III . . . Answers!

So, how did you do?   Actually, by my tally, you all---the four of you who participated:  Philip Portelli, Jeff of Earth-J, Fraser Sherman,…

8 Sep 12, 2019
Reply by Mike Parnell

Deck Log Entry # 217 The Silver-Age Challenge---Marvel Edition III

I wasn’t sure if I’d be able to come up with this year’s quiz in time for the summer.  Last year, I went with general Silver-Age DC questio…

10 Jul 14, 2019
Reply by Fraser Sherman

Deck Log Entry # 216 A Forgotten Gem: Justice League of America # 27 (May, 1964)---Part Two

Naturally, you might be asking:  “Why Justice League of America # 27?”  After all, there were more significant JLA stories published during…

40 Jul 8, 2019
Reply by Fraser Sherman

From the Archives: Deck Log Entry # 52 Timely Questions---Part Two

Over at Marvel, editor Stan Lee was, apparently, able to resist the temptation to use time-travel plots for stories.  At least, on a regula…

2 Jun 12, 2019
Reply by Fraser Sherman

From the Archives: Deck Log Entry # 51 Timely Questions---Part One

Time-travel stories have always been a tempting device for comics writers.  They broaden the vistas and allow fresh backdrops for adventure…

4 May 19, 2019
Reply by Fraser Sherman

Deck Log Entry # 215 A Forgotten Gem: Justice League of America # 27 (May, 1964)---Part One

“The ‘I’ Who Defeated the Justice League”   Editor:  Julius Schwartz   Writer:  Gardner Fox   Art:  Mike Sekowsky (pencils), Bernard Sachs…

7 Apr 4, 2019
Reply by Fraser Sherman

Deck Log Entry # 214 Lois Lane's Three Super-Cupids

Ask the question, “Who is Superman’s girl friend?”, and even those folks who’ve never seen a Superman movie or television show or comic boo…

5 Mar 4, 2019
Reply by Fraser Sherman

Deck Log Entry # 213 "Youthenising" the Kents

In the Superman mythos created by DC editor Mort Weisinger, “the adventures of Supeman when he was a boy” appearing in Superboy and Adventu…

20 Feb 17, 2019
Reply by Fraser Sherman

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service