Deck Log (57)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

From the Archives: Deck Log Entry # 45 The Short Death of Red Ryan (Part Three)

Red Ryan, loyal buddy of a million adventures, is dead!  Sacrificed for a world that will not long remember him!     Challengers of the Unk…

Started by Commander Benson

24 May 29, 2015
Reply by Fraser Sherman

From the Archives: Deck Log Entry # 43 The Short Death of Red Ryan (Part One)

What’s out there?  Places we cannot see!  Things we fear to touch!  Sounds that do not belong to this world!  Riddles of the ages lurking b…

9 May 7, 2015
Reply by Fraser Sherman

From the Archives: Deck Log Entry # 44 The Short Death of Red Ryan (Part Two)

Murray Boltinoff was going to kill off one of the Challengers of the Unknown.  And Red Ryan was the Chall who had drawn the short straw.  …

17 Apr 28, 2015
Reply by Richard Willis

Deck Log Entry # 180 It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time (Part Two)

“Why does Hulk’s head hurt when Hulk tries to think?”   “Hulk smash!”   That was the Hulk I encountered every time I looked at an issue of…

59 Mar 5, 2015
Reply by Ron M.

Deck Log Entry # 179 It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time (Part One)

As I mentioned once, a while back, I got into Marvel Comics late in the game.  Outside of glancing at an odd issue or two on the coffee tab…

26 Feb 2, 2015
Reply by Ron M.

Deck Log Entry # 178 Merry Christmas 2014!

It’d only been five months and already it was the ugliest war in history to that point.   Soldiers hunkered down in trenches a football fie…

8 Dec 27, 2014
Reply by Eric L. Sofer

Deck Log Entry # 177 Happy Thanksgiving 2014!

When it comes to television specials during the traditional holiday season, Thanksgiving gets the short shrift.   How the Grinch Stole Chri…

8 Nov 28, 2014
Reply by Ron M.

Deck Log Entry # 174 The Silver-Age Challenge---So You Think You Know the Man of Steel? Answers!

Pencils down!   This is exactly the way I like one of my quizzes to play out.  Everyone who took a shot at it did respectably well, either…

57 Aug 16, 2014
Reply by Commander Benson

Deck Log Entry # 173 The Silver-Age Challenge---So, You Think You Know the Man of Steel?

It always goes this way.  I get an idea for a Silver-Age quiz because a couple of good questions pop into my head.      Now you might be th…

35 Jul 18, 2014
Reply by Eric L. Sofer

Deck Log Entry # 162 Hero of Song and Story

By 1962, Joe Oriolo had two famous cartoon characters on his résumé.  Twenty-three years earlier, while moonlighting from his day job as an…

16 Jul 7, 2014
Reply by Fraser Sherman

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service