Deck Log (57)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Deck Log Entry # 161 A Forgotten Gem: Sgt. Fury and His Howling Commandos # 7 (May, 1964) (Part Two)

“The Court-Martial of Sergeant Fury”   Editor and writer:  Stan Lee  Art:  Jack Kirby (pencils), George Roussos (inks)     The case of The…

Started by Commander Benson

42 May 6, 2014
Reply by Captain Comics

From the Archives: Deck Log Entry # 41 America's Super-Squad

I was never a fan of Charlton Comics.  Like most of the also-ran comics companies of the Silver Age, they always came across as “Brand X”. …

10 Jan 17, 2014
Reply by Fraser Sherman

Deck Log Entry # 167 Merry Christmas 2013!

For youngsters all over the world, Christmas is a day of pure joy and excitement.   Except for that sub-set of children whose birthdays als…

8 Dec 26, 2013
Reply by doc photo

Deck Log Entry # 163 Death in the Silver Age: Ferro Lad, R.I.P.

If veteran comics pro Jim Shooter had been run over by a bus on his eighteenth birthday, he still would have been a significant figure in t…

40 Dec 17, 2013
Reply by Luke Blanchard

Deck Log Entry # 164 Wedding Announcement

I won’t be discussing any nuggets of Silver-Age goodness this time around, folks.  In fact, there won’t be anything comics related.  This o…

25 Dec 16, 2013
Reply by Emerkeith Davyjack

Deck Log Entry # 165 Happy Thanksgiving 2013!

When you think of Thanksgiving, you think of turkey, of course.  And the Macy’s parade.  And football.  But Thanksgiving is not associated…

10 Dec 3, 2013
Reply by Fraser Sherman

How to find more Deck Log

We've recently moved our columnists, but older columns can't be moved without losing the Legionnaires' comments, which we value highly. So…

Started by Captain Comics

0 Aug 4, 2013

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service