Fluit Notes (69)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Last of the Year Reviews, Part 1

There’s always the end-of-the-year rush. Pundits hurry to produce top ten lists and year-in-review columns. Partiers mob the liquor store…

Started by Chris Fluit

2 Jan 7, 2014
Reply by Travis Herrick (Modular Mod)

Last of the Year Reviews, Part 2

I’m back.  As I mentioned in part one, I had a huge stack of comic books waiting for me at my local shop as the comic book companies tri…

Started by Chris Fluit

10 Jan 7, 2014

Trade Paperback Reviews: Invincible Iron Man

Invincible Iron Man Vol. 8: Unfixable and Invincible Iron Man: Fear Itself By Matt Fraction and Salvador Larroca   These two volumes coll…

Started by Chris Fluit

0 Dec 20, 2013

Trade Paperback Reviews: Sector 2814

Green Lantern: Sector 2814 Volume 1 & 2 By Len Wein, Dave Gibbons, Steve Engelhardt, Joe Staton and Bruce Patterson   The Len Wein-Da…

Started by Chris Fluit

12 Dec 14, 2013
Reply by Philip Portelli

A Year of X-Men (Almost)

I recently read an entire year’s worth of X-Men comics in a single weekend.  Well, technically it was only ten months but, with Marvel dou…

Started by Chris Fluit

13 Nov 8, 2013
Reply by Mark S. Ogilvie

What Kind of Collector Are You?

I find comics endlessly fascinating.  Not only do I enjoy reading them, I enjoy talking about them and writing about them.  I enjoy reading…

Started by Chris Fluit

6 Oct 21, 2013

Astro City Boys Don't Cry

I saw a couple of posts on Facebook this week as various comic book friends alerted the world that Astro City ½ was now available electro…

Started by Chris Fluit

13 Sep 18, 2013
Reply by Thomas Lupo

The Future’s So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades

The future is a pretty interesting place to be, especially in comics.  Stories set in the future have long been a comic book staple from…

Started by Chris Fluit

1 Sep 13, 2013

How to find more Fluit Notes

We've recently moved our columnists, but older columns can't be moved without losing the Legionnaires' comments, which we value highly. So…

Started by Captain Comics

0 Aug 4, 2013

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service