General Comics Discussions (5,925)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Thirteenth Doctor Countdown

With the Thirteenth Doctor in DOCTOR WHO, "the Doctor She ", if I might be forgiven, ____ ____, to be introduced in her first episode of a…

Started by Emerkeith Davyjack

31 Dec 10
Reply by Jeff of Earth-J

Stan Lee 1922-2018, R.I.P.

From The Hollywood Reporter: "Stan Lee, Marvel Comics' Real-Life Superhero, Dies at 95" Stan Lee, the legendary writer, editor and publishe…

Started by ClarkKent_DC

34 Dec 10
Reply by Jeff of Earth-J

DC's Omnibus line - Golden, Silver, and Bronze Age collections

It looks like DC Comics are using the Omnibus format as their current way to collect classic material in chronological order.  In the past,…

Started by John Dunbar

453 Dec 9
Reply by Captain Comics

All-purpose newspaper strips discussion line

I didn't entirely get the intended construction of the jokes in the Sunday Bizzaro (Sp??) strip yesterday .   ( The strip appars to be not…

403 Dec 7
Reply by Emerkeith Davyjack

Jackie Cooper's Celebrity Deaths Line .

The death of former child actor Jackie Cooper ( not to be confused with the , somewhat less fortunate as an adult and , infamously , ripped…

113 Dec 7
Reply by Emerkeith Davyjack

Is "Carol Marvel" Really Successful?

Over on the BEAT I wrote the following: "RM Rhoades said the new Cap Marvel was “a really popular female character among women.” I can’t c…

Started by Gene Phillips

67 Dec 6
Reply by Jeff of Earth-J

"Pick of the Week" - What's Yours?

Every week, one item or another in my pull and hold stands out for me above the rest in one way or another. Sometimes it’s a periodical, so…

Started by Jeff of Earth-J

512 Dec 6
Reply by Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man

"The Search for Mera"

I read the third chapter (and only the third chapter) of this story in 1968 and I was hooked! Every once in a while DC drops a hint that th…

Started by Jeff of Earth-J

43 Dec 4
Reply by Jeff of Earth-J

DC announces 100-Page Giant comics exclusive to Walmart

Available July 1, Monthly Anthology Titles Combine All-New Stories by Top DC Writers with Classic Tales from DC’s Deep History Original Sto…

Started by Captain Comics

106 Nov 30
Reply by Jeff of Earth-J

Artist Norm Breyfogle Passes Away

Apparently this happened over the weekend and was announced on Monday. A story here Man, that is just too bad. I remember the great work h…

Started by Travis Herrick (Modular Mod)

17 Nov 26
Reply by Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service