General Comics Discussions (5,488)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

I get to write about comics!

Most of you know I've been a journalist, mostly as a copy editor, for many, many moons. I did start out as a reporter for a not-even-semi-m…

Started by ClarkKent_DC

47 on Wednesday
Reply by Richard Willis

Secet Empire (SPOILERS)

Secret Empire 0 pulls together threads from several different books which constitute the prologue. They are convenientl…

Started by Detective 445

17 on Wednesday
Reply by Randy Jackson

The Lazarus Pit

Elsewhere, I got involved in a discussion about Ra's al Mary Sue and the Lazarus Pits.  This particular discussion revolved around multiple…

Started by Randy Jackson

7 on Tuesday
Reply by Dave Elyea

All-purpose newspaper strips discussion line

I didn't entirely get the intended construction of the jokes in the Sunday Bizzaro (Sp??) strip yesterday .   ( The strip appars to be not…

Started by Emerkeith Davyjack

311 on Monday
Reply by Jeff of Earth-J

"Pick of the Week" - What's Yours?

Every week, one item or another in my pull and hold stands out for me above the rest in one way or another. Sometimes it’s a periodical, so…

Started by Jeff of Earth-J

290 Apr 21
Reply by Richard Willis

ALERT! DC Rebirth Spoiler Warning! (Spoilers are in this thread!)

Hey all... just wanted to put anyone who cares on the alert that DC Rebirth spoilers have been leaked on Reddit, and they're starting to sh…

Started by Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod)

146 Apr 21
Reply by Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod)

On the Chopping Block

Even though issues 1 and 2 didn't overly impress me, I was planning on sticking with Flash: Rebirth out of faith that Geoff Johns would ult…

Started by Alan M.

577 Apr 20
Reply by Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod)

Steve Rogers: Captain America (SPOILERS)

I picked up the first issue of Steve Rogers Captain America today out of curiosity and I have to say it completely caught me off guard. I…

Started by Detective 445

90 Apr 19
Reply by Detective 445

Randy Jackson reads Black Lightning

This discussion will focus on DC's character Black Lighting. For this project, I'll be reading the following comics: Black Lightning 1-11Wo…

Started by Randy Jackson

77 Apr 17
Reply by Randy Jackson

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN. “Once More With…”

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN. “Once More With…” There are some interesting threads on this forum, already, covering issues of Marvel’s early series –…

Started by Richard Mantle

1102 Apr 17
Reply by Richard Mantle

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service