General Comics Discussions (5,964)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

DC announces 100-Page Giant comics exclusive to Walmart

Available July 1, Monthly Anthology Titles Combine All-New Stories by Top DC Writers with Classic Tales from DC’s Deep History Original Sto…

Started by Captain Comics

162 May 8
Reply by Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod)

That Bendis Superman Thread

I've been doing a reread of Brian Bendis's Superman/Action run this past week -- with the publication of Action 1009, he's reached 24 full…

Started by Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod)

14 May 6

Wonder Comics: Naomi

Brian Michael Bendis's second Wonder Comics offering was mostly wonderful. First, the writing was nice and crisp and flowed nicely. It didn…

Started by Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man

18 May 6

Any SICKies here?

I never read any of the MAD magazine knockoffs of the sixties. However, in recent years I got a little curious about SICK, the magazine tha…

Started by Gene Phillips

10 May 5
Reply by JohnD

The nice thoughts of Emerkeith...........

...Following in the massive footprints of the " Incomprehensible Idiot  " thread , I present...........   ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Emerkeith Davyjack

161 May 4
Reply by Emerkeith Davyjack

EC Archives: How close are we to the end?

The arrival of Weird Fantasy Vol. 3 had the usual effect series collections have on me, making me wonder how close we were to finishing tha…

Started by Captain Comics

62 May 3
Reply by Don Mankowski

Avengers IV thread (No spoilers)

It's a couplish days till AVENGERS: ENDGAME fully opens in North America. To-day, there will be a stunt of a number of theaters running all…

Started by Emerkeith Davyjack

2 Apr 30
Reply by The Baron

Comics historian, restorer Greg Theakston dies

From Bleeding Cool: "Comics Archivist and Publisher Greg Theakston Has Died, Aged 65" Before digital image manipulation (i.e., Photoshop),…

Started by ClarkKent_DC

1 Apr 24
Reply by Richard Willis

Marvel and DC Golden, Silver, and Bronze Age collections

It looks like DC Comics are using the Omnibus format as their current way to collect classic material in chronological order.  In the past,…

Started by John Dunbar

492 Apr 23
Reply by Richard Willis

On the Chopping Block

Even though issues 1 and 2 didn't overly impress me, I was planning on sticking with Flash: Rebirth out of faith that Geoff Johns would ult…

Started by Alan M.

665 Apr 23

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service