General Comics Discussions (6,039)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

More bad news for IDW

According to various news reports, IDW lost $800,000 in Q4, and $5.2M for 2019. Worse, they're not expecting to be profitable for 2020, eit…

Started by Captain Comics

3 Jan 31
Reply by Jeff of Earth-J

That Bendis Superman Thread (...and Event Leviathan!)

I've been doing a reread of Brian Bendis's Superman/Action run this past week -- with the publication of Action 1009, he's reached 24 full…

Started by Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod)

65 Jan 27
Reply by Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod)

Comic Book Sales Trends

I've changed the title of this thread from "Comic Book Sales Trends in 2016" because I keep coming back to it. My friendly neighborhood co…

Started by ClarkKent_DC

132 Jan 22
Reply by ClarkKent_DC

Book Nook

I'm going to start a thread here where we can find out about the availability of book editions and what's in them. Quite frankly, this woul…

Started by Emerkeith Davyjack

22 Jan 22
Reply by Jeff of Earth-J

Marvel Fanfare

I’ve been thinking of starting this discussion for a long time. It used to be, when I couldn’t decide what to read, I’d pull out a copy of…

Started by Jeff of Earth-J

59 Jan 22
Reply by Jeff of Earth-J

Comics shipping Jan. 22, 2020

We haven't done this in a while. We should. Here's the list from Diamond, as of Jan. 16: ABLAZE GUNG HO #2 (MR) $3.99 KIDZ #1 $3.99 MIRKA…

Started by Captain Comics

6 Jan 21
Reply by Travis Herrick (Modular Mod)

TIMELY COMICS IN 2009?? (Marvel's 70th Anniversary Series & Other Things)

So finally I'm going to post about the series of Timely Comics one-shots from 2009 to celebrate Marvel's 70th Anniversary through their Gol…

Started by Philip Portelli

4 Jan 21
Reply by Philip Portelli

Crisis on Infinite Earths / Flashpoint / Doomsday Clock Comparison

“Post-Crisis doesn’t count.” So the saying goes. But I maintain Flashpoint was more destructive to previously-established continuity than C…

20 Jan 13
Reply by Fraser Sherman

Your Favorite Things of the Year! (Est. 2017)

In previous years, this was a memory box so we didn't miss any good nominations for the Cappies. With the Cappies hypertimed away, that doe…

Started by Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod)

139 Jan 6
Reply by Jeff of Earth-J

Machine Man 2020

When Iron Man 2020 was first introduced in the Machine Man limited series in 1985, I thought to myself, “That’s gonna come back to bite ‘em…

0 Jan 2

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service