General Comics Discussions (6,128)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

"My" Justice League of America Line-Up

There have been a lot of characters in the JLA over the years, and lots of them really don't fit my idea of who the League is.  The ones I…

Started by The Baron

10 Nov 11
Reply by Dave Palmer

All-purpose newspaper strips discussion line

I didn't entirely get the intended construction of the jokes in the Sunday Bizzaro (Sp??) strip yesterday .   ( The strip appars to be not…

Started by Emerkeith Davyjack

483 Nov 9
Reply by Richard Willis

Monsters (BWS)

"Created over a period of 35 years, Barry Windsor-Smith's Monsters is a tour de force of visual storytelling. Part family drama, part espio…

Started by Jeff of Earth-J

5 Nov 8
Reply by Travis Herrick (Modular Mod)

"My" Justice Society of America Line-Up

Here’s my JSA line-up. If I was writing the team, I’d stress the multi-generational aspect of the team, with a handful of Golden Agers, may…

Started by The Baron

3 Nov 7
Reply by Randy Jackson

This Week in Comics: Nov. 2-8, 2020

GENRE TV Next, "File #5" (Fox, Nov. 3) Star Trek: Discovery, "Forget Me Not" (CBS All Access, Nov. 5) The Mandalorian, "Chapter 10: The Pas…

Started by Captain Comics

4 Nov 3
Reply by Captain Comics

"My" X-Men Line-Up

Same rules as the JLA and Avengers threads.   Here’s my line-up:   1)The Angel (Warren Worthington III) 2)The Beast (Henry McCoy) 3)Colossu…

Started by The Baron

4 Nov 3
Reply by Captain Comics

Mark Trail - The AWESOMEST Comic Strip Ever

Check out the second panel of today's (August 6th, 2009) strip. Doesn't it look as though the squirrel's hind leg is conversing with a clus…

Started by The Baron

309 Nov 2
Reply by ClarkKent_DC

"My" Avengers Line-Up

OK, same rules as in the JLA thread . (I'm  not doing threads for every team, although I'm mulling over X-Men and JSA line-ups.) Anyway, h…

Started by The Baron

5 Oct 30
Reply by The Baron

This Week in Comics: Oct. 26-Nov. 1, 2020

Oct. 26-Nov. 1 GENRE T V Next, "File #4" (Fox, Oct. 27) Archer, season 11 finale, "Cold Fusion" (FX, Oct. 28) Star Trek: Discovery, "People…

Started by Captain Comics

4 Oct 30
Reply by Captain Comics

MMW Ka-Zar

The first character called "Ka-Zar" came from the pulps, but when Martin Goodman decided to publish comic books, he moved that character ov…

Started by Jeff of Earth-J

101 Oct 28
Reply by Jeff of Earth-J

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service