General Comics Discussions (6,022)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Marvel Fanfare

I’ve been thinking of starting this discussion for a long time. It used to be, when I couldn’t decide what to read, I’d pull out a copy of…

Started by Jeff of Earth-J

11 on Thursday
Reply by Jeff of Earth-J

Your Favorite Things of the Year! (Est. 2017)

In previous years, this was a memory box so we didn't miss any good nominations for the Cappies. With the Cappies hypertimed away, that doe…

Started by Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod)

131 on Thursday
Reply by Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod)

Little Orphan Annie

I has now been six months since I stepped away from Little Orphan Annie, much longer than I had intended to. It occurs to me that it would…

136 on Wednesday
Reply by Jeff of Earth-J

The Movember Reading Club

Last year (or maybe two years ago...time flies) I tried to start up a reading club, trying to get everyone to read the same set of Commissi…

Started by Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man

16 Nov 11
Reply by Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man

Frank Miller Daredevil... and Elektra

I recently completed a discussion of 13 volumes of Marvel Masterworks - Daredevil over in the "What Comics Have You Read Today?" thread. W…

98 Nov 11
Reply by ClarkKent_DC

Marvel and DC Golden, Silver, and Bronze Age collections

It looks like DC Comics are using the Omnibus format as their current way to collect classic material in chronological order.  In the past,…

Started by John Dunbar

556 Nov 11
Reply by Captain Comics

"Pick of the Week" - What's Yours?

Every week, one item or another in my pull and hold stands out for me above the rest in one way or another. Sometimes it’s a periodical, so…

551 Nov 5
Reply by Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod)

Wolverine

WOLVERINE #1: Now that my “Frank Miller Daredevil” discussion is nearing the end of Miller’s first run, I find myself in the mood to read…

8 Nov 5
Reply by Jeff of Earth-J

ONE HUNDRED BEST JUSTICE LEAGUE STORIES

I found this DC "greatest hits" on markdown for $3, so even though I knew I wouldn't agree with its choices, I bought it. Robert Gr…

Started by Gene Phillips

15 Nov 1
Reply by Gene Phillips

John Byrne's Wonder Woman run - opinions?

So I picked up Wonder Woman 101 in a dollar box the other day (well, a 3 for $5 box but I digress).  It's the first issue of John Byrne's…

Started by John Dunbar

4 Oct 31
Reply by Jeff of Earth-J

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service