General Comics Discussions (6,179)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

This Week in Comics: March 22-28, 2021

Movies The Seventh Day (VOD/digital, March 26) A supernatural horror movie about exorcists. It stars Stephen Lang, which is the name an X-M…

Started by Captain Comics

10 Mar 24
Reply by Richard Willis

Post-Ditko Doctor Strange

"In my younger and more vulnerable years," when I was actively seeking to build my comic book collection (as opposed to merely maintain it…

Started by Jeff of Earth-J

40 Mar 24
Reply by Jeff of Earth-J

This Week in Comics: March 8-14, 2021

Welcome, everyone, to This Week in Comics, or as I call it, Captain Comics' Random Thoughts About Comics and Stuff. I hope someone brought…

5 Mar 18
Reply by Captain Comics

This Week in Comics: March 15-21, 2021

GENRE TV The biggest news on the small screen this week is the debut of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier on Friday, March 19. I never thou…

1 Mar 16
Reply by Travis Herrick (Modular Mod)

All-purpose newspaper strips discussion line

I didn't entirely get the intended construction of the jokes in the Sunday Bizzaro (Sp??) strip yesterday .   ( The strip appars to be not…

Started by Emerkeith Davyjack

484 Mar 14
Reply by Jeff of Earth-J

RIP Frank Thorne

RIP Frank Thorne

Started by Randy Jackson

2 Mar 9
Reply by Captain Comics

Superman & Lois

Who else watched the pilot? I liked its tributes to the history of the character, particularly in the opening, and I thought it balanced th…

Started by JD DeLuzio

40 Mar 7

A Sudden Realization of the Obvious

In the recent Joker/Daffy Duck comic (Side Note: The latest batch of DC/WB crossovers are neither especially good or especially bad), there…

Started by The Baron

136 Mar 5
Reply by Fraser Sherman

From Cracked: "4 Reasons Anyone Who Says 'Superman Is a Boring Superhero' Is Full of It"

From Cracked: "4 Reasons Anyone Who Says 'Superman Is a Boring Superhero' Is Full of It" It begins: Cracked wrote: A common complaint about…

Started by ClarkKent_DC

13 Mar 4

This Week in Comics: March 1-7, 2021

Good afternoon, culture vultures! Here's an overview of the week to come in comics and related pop culture. It's a little late — I usually…

4 Mar 3
Reply by Mark Sullivan (Vertiginous Mod)

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service