General Comics Discussions (6,029)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

HISTORY OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE (SPOILERIFFIC!)

I begin with my traditional spoiler space picture of someone who has nothing to do with the topic at hand: Alan Hale Sr. & Jr. (To qu…

Started by The Baron

49 Nov 29
Reply by Fraser Sherman

A Sudden Realization of the Obvious

In the recent Joker/Daffy Duck comic (Side Note: The latest batch of DC/WB crossovers are neither especially good or especially bad), there…

Started by The Baron

114 Nov 28
Reply by Dave Elyea

That Bendis Superman Thread (...and Event Leviathan!)

I've been doing a reread of Brian Bendis's Superman/Action run this past week -- with the publication of Action 1009, he's reached 24 full…

Started by Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod)

62 Nov 27
Reply by Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod)

The Punisher - An Objective Look

Last year I bought the Swamp Thing Omnibus and the Punisher Omnibus on the same day. Although I chose to read the Swamp Thing Omnibus first…

Started by Jeff of Earth-J

72 Nov 27
Reply by Fraser Sherman

RIP Howard Cruse

Story I first heard of him in the late 80's/early 90's. My best friend from college was gay, and I went with him to a gay bookstore in dow…

Started by The Baron

2 Nov 27
Reply by Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod)

MMW Ka-Zar

The first character called "Ka-Zar" came from the pulps, but when Martin Goodman decided to publish comic books, he moved that character ov…

Started by Jeff of Earth-J

100 Nov 26
Reply by Jeff of Earth-J

RIP Gahan Wilson

Story Another legend gone.

Started by The Baron

6 Nov 25
Reply by Emerkeith Davyjack

Gahan Wilson has died.

NUTS. And many other cartoons. Him and MAD, ending  monthe sameth - Guess the 20th Century is really over, isn't it?:-(

Started by Emerkeith Davyjack

0 Nov 25

All-purpose newspaper strips discussion line

I didn't entirely get the intended construction of the jokes in the Sunday Bizzaro (Sp??) strip yesterday .   ( The strip appars to be not…

Started by Emerkeith Davyjack

440 Nov 25
Reply by Emerkeith Davyjack

Marvel Comics #1000: What did you think of it? (SPOILERS)

{SPOILER SPACE) So, what did  folks think of this? By me, it was a game of two  halves, the halves being: Pages paying tribute to vari…

Started by The Baron

34 Nov 22
Reply by Philip Portelli

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service