General Comics Discussions (6,088)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

This Week in Comics: June 1-7, 2020

Notes: The 80th Anniversary Super-Spectaculars return this week with Catwoman. Joker and Green Lantern still on the way. New Buffy, Birds…

Started by Captain Comics

5 Jun 5
Reply by Jeff of Earth-J

Starmen

My association with Starman goes back to 1974. I remember reading both “The Case of the Camera Curse!” (Adventure Comics #66) and “The Men…

Started by Jeff of Earth-J

14 Jun 4
Reply by Captain Comics

Sandmen

Sandman Archives volume one (and only) features the first 22 Sandman stories from Adventure Comics #40-59 and New York World’s Fair Comics…

44 Jun 3
Reply by Philip Portelli

Hawkmen

I am working my way through The Golden Age Hawkman Archives for the second time. The stories, from Flash Comics #1-22, are all written by G…

33 Jun 1
Reply by Jeff of Earth-J

This Week in Comics: May 25-31, 2020

NOTES The first print Marvels arrive since late April, on May 27. Bleeding Cool posted a press release from Yen Press alerting me to the fa…

1 May 27
Reply by The Baron

Marvel and DC Golden, Silver, and Bronze Age collections

It looks like DC Comics are using the Omnibus format as their current way to collect classic material in chronological order.  In the past,…

Started by John Dunbar

615 May 26
Reply by Doctor Hmmm?

Night Girl Question

Was it ever specified how Night Girl's powers worked? Did it really need to be at night, or could they function in darkness as well? And if…

Started by Randy Jackson

9 May 21
Reply by Luis Olavo de Moura Dantas

More bad news for IDW

According to various news reports, IDW lost $800,000 in Q4, and $5.2M for 2019. Worse, they're not expecting to be profitable for 2020, eit…

5 May 21
Reply by Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod)

This Week in Comics: May 18-24

NOTES Boom!'s Buffy #14 comes out this week, and Bleeding Cool says it will debut a major character. EC Archives: Impact ships to comic sh…

8 May 21
Reply by Captain Comics

Fan of Bronze: Kamandi Without the King

Of all of JACK KIRBY's 70s DC work, the book that lasted the longest was Kamandi the Last Boy On Earth which lasted fifty-nine issues but n…

Started by Philip Portelli

3 May 19
Reply by Philip Portelli

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service