General Comics Discussions (6,154)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

CoIE / Flashpoint / Doomsday Clock / Generations / Zero Hour Comparison

“Post-Crisis doesn’t count.” So the saying goes. But I maintain Flashpoint was more destructive to previously-established continuity than C…

Started by Jeff of Earth-J

35 Nov 19, 2020
Reply by Fraser Sherman

The best Batman comics collection goes up for sale

Anybody got a couple million dollars lying around?  From SyFy Wire: "A Year After a Heartbreaking Theft, Florida Man Says Goodbye to $2M Ba…

Started by ClarkKent_DC

0 Nov 16, 2020

Howling Commandos (Abridged)

ISSUE #1: The series opens in 1944, a few weeks prior to the D-Day Invasion. the Howlers are introduced in a double-page spread: Sgt. Fury…

31 Nov 16, 2020
Reply by ClarkKent_DC

1001 Uses for a Power Ring

Back when Kyle Rayner was Green Lantern, editorial edict had it that he never use his ring the same way twice. Because he was an artist, it…

13 Nov 15, 2020
Reply by Jeff of Earth-J

This Week in Comics: Nov. 9-15, 2020

GENRE TV Next, "File #6" (Fox, Nov. 10) Star Trek: Discovery, "Die Trying" (CBS All Access, Nov. 12) The Mandalorian, "Chapter 11" (Disney+…

Started by Captain Comics

3 Nov 11, 2020
Reply by Captain Comics

"My" Justice League of America Line-Up

There have been a lot of characters in the JLA over the years, and lots of them really don't fit my idea of who the League is.  The ones I…

Started by The Baron

10 Nov 11, 2020
Reply by Dave Palmer

All-purpose newspaper strips discussion line

I didn't entirely get the intended construction of the jokes in the Sunday Bizzaro (Sp??) strip yesterday .   ( The strip appars to be not…

Started by Emerkeith Davyjack

483 Nov 9, 2020
Reply by Richard Willis

"My" Justice Society of America Line-Up

Here’s my JSA line-up. If I was writing the team, I’d stress the multi-generational aspect of the team, with a handful of Golden Agers, may…

Started by The Baron

3 Nov 7, 2020
Reply by Randy Jackson

This Week in Comics: Nov. 2-8, 2020

GENRE TV Next, "File #5" (Fox, Nov. 3) Star Trek: Discovery, "Forget Me Not" (CBS All Access, Nov. 5) The Mandalorian, "Chapter 10: The Pas…

Started by Captain Comics

4 Nov 3, 2020
Reply by Captain Comics

"My" X-Men Line-Up

Same rules as the JLA and Avengers threads.   Here’s my line-up:   1)The Angel (Warren Worthington III) 2)The Beast (Henry McCoy) 3)Colossu…

Started by The Baron

4 Nov 3, 2020
Reply by Captain Comics

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service