General NON-Comics Discussions (429)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Painting of the Day

I've saved the original thread, and I'll transfer the posts across as time permits. Painting of the Day (original series): Winter by Nico…

Started by Luke Blanchard

773 May 6
Reply by Jeff of Earth-J

Freeman Dyson, Rest in Peace

Thinker, mathematician, and theoretical physicist Freeman Dyson has left the building. He was 96.

Started by JD DeLuzio

0 Feb 28

Words Commonly Confused

I'm not a copy editor, nor do I play one on TV, but I find myself irritated by the misuse of similar-sounding words. I'm going to post some…

Started by Richard Willis

6 Feb 11
Reply by Commander Benson

The Nerd Canon

In my columns over the years, I've sometimes referred to the "Nerd Canon" (which has amused my editors no end). These are the books that vi…

Started by Captain Comics

8 Feb 11
Reply by Jeff of Earth-J

NYPL's Most Checked-Out Books

The New York Public Library has released its list of the 10 most often checked out books since 1895. 1. The Snowy Day, by Exra Jack Keats (…

Started by Jeff of Earth-J

0 Jan 21

Just released: HUGH MONN, PRIVATE DETECTIVE BOOK 3: FEMME FATALE

Hello Everyone. Hope this isn't too forward of me, but while there have been numerous short stories in recent years, I now have a new book…

Started by Lee Houston, Junior

0 Jan 20

Any cord-cutters on the site?

If so, how have you fared? Is there one system over another you prefer? Do over-the-air antennae work? How do you get local shows? What hav…

11 Jan 13
Reply by Travis Herrick (Modular Mod)

That "Weird Expressions" thread

I noticed one day that I use a lot of metaphorical expressions picked up over the years (mostly as a child from family) whose origin I have…

24 Jan 12
Reply by Dave Palmer

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I won't be on again until the 2nd, so, Happy New Year, folks!

Started by The Baron

11 Jan 2
Reply by Jeff of Earth-J

News From Japan

The Election Results Are In! The Democratic Party of Japan has won an impressive electoral victory over the Liberal Democratic Party, whic…

Started by The Baron

53 Dec 30, 2019
Reply by Jeff of Earth-J

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service