Mr. Silver Age (408)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

A Cover a Day

Ok, how about this for an idea.  We take it in turns to post a favourite (British spelling) comic cover every day.  This went really well o…

Started by Steve W

5788 10 minutes ago
Reply by Steve W

Marvel References in a DC comic

When Marvel hit it big in the early 60s, DC had to have noticed. It also had to address their existence. In Adventure Comics #350, Chameleo…

Started by Philip Portelli

52 5 hours ago
Reply by ClarkKent_DC

Silver Sightings: Batman's Silver Age: What Took So Long?

Beyond Commander Benson's examination of Batman's "New Look" period which began in 1964, I was always puzzled that the Caped Crusader was s…

Started by Philip Portelli

43 Jan 14
Reply by Emerkeith Davyjack

What Should Be Collected Next?

In a sidebar to my December CBG column on good reading for Silver Age fans in 2010, I suggested five collections that I wanted to see in 20…

Started by Mr. Silver Age

537 Jan 13
Reply by Richard Willis

Did you ever think the Silver Age would end?

When I stopped reading comics, towards the end of the 70's, I don't remember anything referred to as a Silver Age and certainly not a Bronz…

Started by Dandy Forsdyke

114 Jan 10

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to all, the Ann-Margret way! Hoy

Started by Hoy Murphy

27 Dec 27, 2018
Reply by Mr. Silver Age

Entertainment Weekly's Stan Lee Tribute

On sale today: Entertainment Weekly's special tribute issue to Stan Lee. With comics-history information and a sidebar on Iron Man s…

Started by Mr. Silver Age

8 Dec 4, 2018
Reply by Fred W. Hill

Comical Comic Cuts

So -  I know I've only been here a week, but I thought I might be able to brighten up everyone's lives a little with a new thread devoted t…

Started by Steve W

141 Nov 29, 2018
Reply by Peter Wrexham

I Have a Dream.... (where Kang and the time-stream are resolved...)

I don't think I've mentioned this here, but I have two theories on Silver Age Marvel and Kang that I really wish that some Marvel Editor wo…

Started by Kirk G

22 Oct 3, 2018
Reply by marques finch

Remaining Fanzines and Magazines?

Oh , the irony . Let's continue something that was discussed at the MSA Old Home , namely , remaining print comic fanzines - And , for dive…

Started by Emerkeith Davyjack

182 Sep 25, 2018

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service