Mr. Silver Age (406)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

A Cut From a Cover

Ok, here's an idea for a fun contest. I post a section from a comic cover and you guys try and guess what cover it's from.Whoever guesses c…

Started by Steve W

887 Apr 25
Reply by 3

Black Panther Questions AKA I Was Wondering #31

With the Black Panther movie doing so well, I thought that I would reread his Epic Collection "Panther's Rage!". I had forgotten that it al…

Started by Philip Portelli

35 Mar 17
Reply by Richard Willis

Rise of the Superhero

I couldn't find any discussion on this topic, which kind of boggles my mind since this is EXACTLY the place where this topic should be disc…

Started by Dave Blanchard

8 Feb 19
Reply by Steve W

John Dunbar re-reads AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (AF 15, ASM 1-50)

We have a wonderful thread, started by Richard Mantle, that examines the Amazing Spider-Man starting with issue #51.  I don't know why it t…

Started by John Dunbar

288 Feb 5
Reply by Fred W. Hill

MYSTERY IN SUSPENCE (A Crisis of Conjecture)

I am going to attempt to connect certain events from the worlds of various comics, movies, TV shows and pop culture into a hopefully logica…

Started by Philip Portelli

25 Feb 4
Reply by Philip Portelli

The Captain Re-Reads 'Avengers'

What hath The Baron wrought? With his "Baron Re-Reads the JSA" thread, he has inspired us all. Currently John Dunbar is writing a "Dunbar R…

Started by Captain Comics

659 Feb 1
Reply by Dave Elyea

Ranking the Silver Age Legion of Super Heroes

Just for fun, I’ve decided to rank the Silver Age Legion of Super Heroes. This is my list, so if you disagree, please create your own. I’d…

Started by Randy Jackson

202 Jan 12
Reply by Luke Blanchard

John Dunbar re-reads Iron Man (Tales of Suspense 39-99)

He's Tony Stark, a cool exec with a heart of steel.  He's a founding Avenger, often called the Golden Avenger.  He debuted in Tales of Susp…

Started by John Dunbar

260 Dec 26, 2017
Reply by Richard Willis

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to all, the Ann-Margret way! Hoy

Started by Hoy Murphy

12 Dec 25, 2017
Reply by Dave Palmer

What's In a Name?

It occurred to me randomly the other day that most of the all-time greatest comic book people (U.S.-based, anyway) have first names that st…

Started by Dave Blanchard

13 Dec 13, 2017
Reply by Dave Palmer

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service