Mr. Silver Age (401)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Happy birthday to our host, Mr. Silver Age, Craig Shutt

Even though he rarely shows up to celebrate goofy comics with us these days, we can't let this special day go by without wishing our host C…

Started by Hoy Murphy

23 May 24
Reply by Jeff of Earth-J

Happy birthday to our old pal Don Rickles, born 90 years ago today, May 8, 1926!

Almost forgot this year! Hoy

Started by Hoy Murphy

22 May 21
Reply by Richard Willis

The Baron Re-Reads the Justice Society

All-Star Comics #3 (Winter 1940): 1)I expect that if you've only read one Golden Age adventure of the JSA, this is the one.  It's not bad,…

Started by The Baron

1772 May 20
Reply by Richard Mantle

Philip Portelli Re-Reads Legion of Super-Heroes

I'm going to regret this... Unlike the other major superhero teams (the Justice Society, the Justice League, the Avengers, etc.), the Legio…

Started by Philip Portelli

307 May 19
Reply by Philip Portelli

Silver Age Lana Lang's Little Brothers

As I understand it, the Silver Age Lana Lang was, at one time or another, depicted as having three different little brothers: Ronald, Larry…

Started by The Baron

8 Apr 4
Reply by Mark S. Ogilvie

When did your Silver Age begin?

Discussion on another thread that mentioned Mike's Amazing World of Comics prompted me to take a look to see if I could pinpoint exactly wh…

Started by Hoy Murphy

42 Nov 4, 2016
Reply by Richard Willis

Ugly Silver Age covers

Following up on discussion about ugly Silver Age comic book covers on another thread, I'm going to make this my first attempt at starting a…

Started by Hoy Murphy

73 Oct 28, 2016
Reply by Joe Sherrod

Digital Comics

We started discussing digital comics in the what should be collected next thread, and since that often becomes a longer topic, I figured I'…

Started by Mr. Silver Age

22 Oct 25, 2016
Reply by Steve W

Marvel's "Publishing Companies", Early Silver Age and Before

Awhile back I brought up this question in another thread, to no reaction. I remembered being puzzled by this when the comics were new. In t…

Started by Richard Willis

25 Oct 12, 2016
Reply by Steve W

Comic Appearance of The President

In light of the national election in the USA, I was wondering just how many times an American president has been depicted in a comic book?…

Started by Kirk G

76 Aug 28, 2016
Reply by JD DeLuzio

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service