Reviews (547)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Reprint reviews: 'Archie v6,' 'Tarzan v11,' 'Showcase: Showcase v1'

Archie Archives Volume Six (Dark Horse, $49.99) Reprinting Archie Comics #19-22 (Mar/Apr-Sep/Oct 46), Pep Comics #57-58 (Jun-Sep 46) By Bil…

Started by Captain Comics

7 Aug 27, 2012
Reply by Philip Portelli

Review: 'Showcase Presents: Rip Hunter Time Master Volume 1'

Showcase Presents: Rip Hunter Time Master Volume 1 (DC Comics, $19.99) Reprinting Showcase #20-21 (May/Jun-Jul/Aug 59), Showcase #25-26 (Ma…

36 Aug 13, 2012
Reply by Captain Comics

Review: 'Black Charity'

Black Charity (Archaia, $19.95) Bal Speer (w/a) I don't understand Black Charity. I'm usually pretty good at allegory, metaphor and allus…

0 Aug 6, 2012

Review: 'Days Missing: Kestus'

Days Missing: Kestus (Archaia, $24.95) Phil Hester (w), David Marquez (a) I had a lot of good things to say about the first Days Missing c…

0 Aug 6, 2012

Review: 'Primordia'

Primordia (Archaia, $19.95) John R. Fultz (w), Roel Wielinga (a) This is an ancient creation myth without the messiness of genuine mytholo…

0 Aug 6, 2012

Reviews: 'Before Watchmen: Minutemen'

Before Watchmen: Minutemen #1, DC Comics, $3.99 Art and story by Darwyn Cooke I don't know if it's possible to set aside the controversy a…

5 Jul 31, 2012
Reply by Philip Portelli

Reviews: 'Before Watchmen: Silk Spectre'

Before Watchmen: Silk Spectre #1 (DC Comics, $3.99) Darwyn Cooke (w), Amanda Conner (a)   This is good comics.    I'm late reviewing this,…

2 Jul 30, 2012
Reply by Jason Marconnet (Pint sized mod)

Reprint Reviews: 'Vampirella v5,' 'Crime Does Not Pay v2,' 'Batman v8'

Vampirella Archives Volume Five (Dynamite Publishing, $49.99) Reprinting Vampirella #29-35 (Nov 73-Aug 74) By diverse hands By accident or…

1 Jul 30, 2012
Reply by Jeff of Earth-J

Review: 'He-Man and the Masters of the Universe' #1

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe #1 (of 6, DC Comics, $2.99) By James Robinson (w), Philip Tan (a) and Ruy Jose (i) This is not a bo…

1 Jul 29, 2012
Reply by Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man

Reviews: 'Before Watchmen: The Comedian'

Before Watchmen: The Comedian #1 (of 6, DC Comics, $3.99) Brian Azzarello (w) and J.G. Jones (a) Once again, if you forget the controversy…

12 Jul 29, 2012
Reply by Captain Comics

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service