Reviews (536)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Reprint Reviews: 'Uncle Scrooge,' 'Chamber of Chills v1,' 'The Phantom Dailies v4'

Walt Disney's Uncle Scrooge: Only a Poor Old Man Fantagraphics Books, $28.99 By Carl Barks (w/a) If you're not buying the Carl Barks libra…

Started by Captain Comics

11 Jul 19, 2012
Reply by doc photo

Review: 'Before Watchmen: Ozymandias' #1

Before Watchmen: Ozymandias #1 (DC Comics, $3.99) Len Wein (w), Jae Lee (a) I'm beginning to think Jae Lee is some kind of genius. If noth…

3 Jul 12, 2012
Reply by Rich Steeves

Review: 'Spandex: Fast and Hard'

Spandex: Fast and Hard (Titan Books, $19.95) Martin Eden (w/a) I wanted to like Spandex, which collects the first three issues of a self-p…

0 Jul 7, 2012

Review: 'American Vamipire: Lord of Nightmares' #1

American Vamipire: Lord of Nightmares #1 (DC/Vertigo, $2.99) Scott Snyder (w), Dustin Nguyen (a) I don't know how to review this without g…

0 Jul 7, 2012

Review: 'The Art of Amanda Conner'

The Art of Amanda Conner (IDW Publishing, $29.99) Edited and designed by Joe Pruett This book had a lot of what I expected, but a few surp…

0 Jul 7, 2012

Reprint Reviews: 'Eerie' v10, 'Creepy' v13, 'MAD' v3, 'Space Family Robinson' v4

Eerie Archives Volume Ten (Dark Horse, $49.99) Art and story by diverse hands   I keep expecting to run out of things to say about the Cree…

11 Jul 5, 2012
Reply by George Poague

Review: 'New Crusaders' #1-2

New Crusaders #1-2 (Archie Comics) Ian Flynn (w), Ben Bates (p), Gary Martin (i), Matt Herms (c) I've seen a lot of variations on the old…

9 Jul 2, 2012
Reply by Chris Fluit

Review: 'Spirit World,' 'Simon & Kirby's Crime'

Spirit World (DC Comics, $39.99) Jack Kirby (w/a), with assistants It's strange, but when Spirit World #1 was advertised in comics back in…

14 Jun 26, 2012
Reply by George Poague

Review: 'Archie's Sunday Finest'

Archie's Sunday Finest (IDW Publishing, $49.99) Bob Montana (w/a) From the title, and from some missing dates, I'm guessing this collectio…

5 Jun 25, 2012
Reply by Henry R. Kujawa

Review: 'Detective Comics Vol. 1'

Batman: Detective Comics Volume 1: Faces of Death (DC Comics, $24.99) Tony S. Daniel (w/a) with inkers Sandu Florea, Ryan Winn and Rob Hunt…

1 Jun 25, 2012
Reply by Philip Portelli

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service