Reviews (541)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Reviews: 'Before Watchmen: Silk Spectre'

Before Watchmen: Silk Spectre #1 (DC Comics, $3.99) Darwyn Cooke (w), Amanda Conner (a)   This is good comics.    I'm late reviewing this,…

Started by Captain Comics

2 Jul 30, 2012
Reply by Jason Marconnet (Pint sized mod)

Reprint Reviews: 'Vampirella v5,' 'Crime Does Not Pay v2,' 'Batman v8'

Vampirella Archives Volume Five (Dynamite Publishing, $49.99) Reprinting Vampirella #29-35 (Nov 73-Aug 74) By diverse hands By accident or…

1 Jul 30, 2012
Reply by Jeff of Earth-J

Review: 'He-Man and the Masters of the Universe' #1

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe #1 (of 6, DC Comics, $2.99) By James Robinson (w), Philip Tan (a) and Ruy Jose (i) This is not a bo…

1 Jul 29, 2012
Reply by Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man

Reviews: 'Before Watchmen: The Comedian'

Before Watchmen: The Comedian #1 (of 6, DC Comics, $3.99) Brian Azzarello (w) and J.G. Jones (a) Once again, if you forget the controversy…

12 Jul 29, 2012
Reply by Captain Comics

Review: 'Before Watchmen: Nite Owl' #1

Before Watchmen: Nite Owl #1 (DC Comics, $3.99) J. Michael Straczynski (w), Andy Kubert (a), Joe Kubert (i) This is the first "Before Watc…

44 Jul 28, 2012
Reply by Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man

Reprint Reviews: 'Uncle Scrooge,' 'Chamber of Chills v1,' 'The Phantom Dailies v4'

Walt Disney's Uncle Scrooge: Only a Poor Old Man Fantagraphics Books, $28.99 By Carl Barks (w/a) If you're not buying the Carl Barks libra…

11 Jul 19, 2012
Reply by doc photo

Review: 'Before Watchmen: Ozymandias' #1

Before Watchmen: Ozymandias #1 (DC Comics, $3.99) Len Wein (w), Jae Lee (a) I'm beginning to think Jae Lee is some kind of genius. If noth…

3 Jul 12, 2012
Reply by Rich Steeves

Review: 'Spandex: Fast and Hard'

Spandex: Fast and Hard (Titan Books, $19.95) Martin Eden (w/a) I wanted to like Spandex, which collects the first three issues of a self-p…

0 Jul 7, 2012

Review: 'American Vamipire: Lord of Nightmares' #1

American Vamipire: Lord of Nightmares #1 (DC/Vertigo, $2.99) Scott Snyder (w), Dustin Nguyen (a) I don't know how to review this without g…

0 Jul 7, 2012

Review: 'The Art of Amanda Conner'

The Art of Amanda Conner (IDW Publishing, $29.99) Edited and designed by Joe Pruett This book had a lot of what I expected, but a few surp…

0 Jul 7, 2012

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service