Reviews (536)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Review: 'Action! Mystery! Thrills! Comic Book Covers of the Golden Age 1933-1945'

Action! Mystery! Thrills! Comic Book Covers of the Golden Age 1933-1945 by Greg Sadkowsky, Fantagraphics, $29.99.   This is an interesting…

Started by Captain Comics

4 Mar 5, 2012
Reply by Travis Herrick (Modular Mod)

Review: 'DC Universe: Secret Origins'

DC Universe: Secret Origins hardcover ($39.99)   I try not to duplicate too much material in my collection, but for some reason I can't res…

1 Mar 5, 2012
Reply by Jeff of Earth-J

Review: 'Baltimore: Or, the Steadfast Tin Soldier and the Vampire'

Baltimore: Or, the Steadfast Tin Soldier and the Vampire (by Mike Mignola and Christopher Golden, Bantam, $25)   There are many details wro…

0 Feb 27, 2012

Quick hits (of reprint books, others)

Once again, I need to say a few words about a few books to get them off my desk and onto the bookshelf. Others may have already reviewed th…

15 Jan 26, 2012
Reply by Jeff of Earth-J

Reprint Reviews: 'Agonizing Love,' 'Turok Vol. 9,' Golden Age 'Green Hornet'

Agonizing Love: The Golden Era of Romance Comics, by Michael Barson, Harper Design, $29.99   Talk about “Love Confessions”: I confess that…

3 Dec 10, 2011
Reply by George Poague

Review: 'Creepy v.11,' 'Eerie v. 8,' 'Vampirella v.3,' 'Dick Briefer's Frankenstein'

DC’s “The New 52” took over my newspaper column for a month, so I’ve fallen behind on reviewing other books, which have stacked up into tee…

3 Nov 17, 2011
Reply by Captain Comics

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service