Gene Phillips's Discussions (113)

Discussions Replied To (91) Replies Latest Activity

"ADDENDUM: Just after completing this essay, I read ALTER EGO #26 (2003) for the firs…"

Gene Phillips replied Dec 26, 2021 to PARADIGM SCHIFF

4 Dec 26, 2021
Reply by Gene Phillips

"I would say that the most destructive aspect of the Fleischer suit did not pertain t…"

Gene Phillips replied Jul 1, 2021 to Any Opinions on the COMICS JOURNAL Magazine?

33 Jul 1, 2021
Reply by Gene Phillips

" "

Gene Phillips replied Jun 28, 2021 to Any Opinions on the COMICS JOURNAL Magazine?

33 Jul 1, 2021
Reply by Gene Phillips

"Re: Fleischer-- there's a theory going around that he was really cheesed off because…"

Gene Phillips replied Jun 27, 2021 to Any Opinions on the COMICS JOURNAL Magazine?

33 Jul 1, 2021
Reply by Gene Phillips

"Well, that answers one of my questions; some people here do remember some of the anc…"

Gene Phillips replied Jun 24, 2021 to Any Opinions on the COMICS JOURNAL Magazine?

33 Jul 1, 2021
Reply by Gene Phillips

"Technically, by the time Kree-Nal and Cat Girl did that JAGUAR cover together, they'…"

Gene Phillips replied Oct 17, 2020 to FAVORITE VILLAIN CROSSOVER STORIES

15 Oct 19, 2020
Reply by Jeff of Earth-J

"Excellent overview, Commander Benson. I'm not surprised the artistic depictions were…"

Gene Phillips replied Jul 12, 2020 to Clark Kent, Down on the Farm?

10 Jul 12, 2020
Reply by Gene Phillips

"In one of my old reviews of a Ditko work, I made the slightly inaccurate comment tha…"

Gene Phillips replied Jul 10, 2020 to What Comic Books Have You Read Today?

6497 16 hours ago
Reply by Richard Willis

"Speaking of scandals in Hooterville, let's not overlook the fact that blonde-haired…"

Gene Phillips replied Jan 20, 2020 to Silver Sightings: Batman's Silver Age: What Took So Long?

96 Jan 21, 2020
Reply by Luke Blanchard

"Among the important JLA stories that built on O'Neil's "White Martian-Green Martia…"

Gene Phillips replied Nov 1, 2019 to ONE HUNDRED BEST JUSTICE LEAGUE STORIES

15 Nov 1, 2019
Reply by Gene Phillips

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) replied to Mark Sullivan (Vertiginous Mod)'s discussion The Many Deaths of Laila Starr
"I loved this story. It reminded me of Gaiman, too. And thanks for the reminder that I should really…"
13 minutes ago
The Baron replied to PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod's discussion Anything, Everything, or Nothing At All
"Ah, Marcus Welby and Spock's mom."
47 minutes ago
Lee Houston, Junior replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"And now, a couple of more Adams' Arrow variants. (Images courtesy of the Grand Comics…"
1 hour ago
Philip Portelli replied to PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod's discussion Anything, Everything, or Nothing At All
"I've done something similar like reorganizing my collections. To no one's surprise here,…"
1 hour ago
Commander Benson replied to PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod's discussion Anything, Everything, or Nothing At All
"The GMB experienced those same feelings of worthlessness.  So, she threw herself into running…"
1 hour ago
Philip Portelli replied to PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod's discussion Anything, Everything, or Nothing At All
"I understand. I've been a burden to my family these last two years, stretching out my stimulus…"
1 hour ago
Commander Benson replied to PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod's discussion Anything, Everything, or Nothing At All
"It's been irritating, but we've always been pretty confident that her disability will…"
3 hours ago
"Thanks, Commander! All the best wishes to Mrs. Benson! I know how frustrating it can be!"
3 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Emerkeith Davyjack's discussion All-purpose newspaper strips discussion
"BACK ISSUE #136 (June): Spider-Man, Friday Foster, DC's World's Greatest Superheroes…"
3 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Neal Adams did a series of covers for the Tarzan paperbacks re-issued in the mid-70s."
3 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to John Dunbar's discussion Marvel and DC Golden, Silver, and Bronze Age collections
"The solicit dates for those are... Phantom Stanger - November 1 GA Wonder Woman - October 18 SA…"
3 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"There are still scores of Continuity Comics covers yet to be posted. You anticipated me. Of…"
3 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service