Commander Benson's Discussions (1,817)

Discussions Replied To (1709) Replies Latest Activity

"Sorry to take so long to get back to you, old friend.  Real life has gotten real-er…"

Commander Benson replied Oct 31 to Deck Log Entry # 233 The Silver-Age Challenge---DC Edition IIII

36 Nov 9
Reply by Eric L. Sofer

"My biggest linguistic pet peeve at the moment is the use of the plural "they," "the…"

Commander Benson replied Oct 10 to Words Commonly Confused

20 Oct 10
Reply by JD DeLuzio

"I guess when it comes to things like that, most people take it for granite. Rimsho…"

Commander Benson replied Oct 10 to Words Commonly Confused

20 Oct 10
Reply by JD DeLuzio

"Oh, yes, I have a copy of Fleisher's The Superman Encyclopedia right here in my des…"

Commander Benson replied Sep 3 to Deck Log Entry # 234 The Silver-Age Challenge---DC Edition IIII . . . Answers!

3 Sep 3
Reply by Fraser Sherman

"To me, your argument validates a different expression; to wit, "The exception prov…"

Commander Benson replied Aug 20 to "Gingold" - Hard or Soft "G"?

56 Aug 24
Reply by ClarkKent_DC

"The pronunciation of an individual name comes from its best source.  In real-life c…"

56 Aug 24
Reply by ClarkKent_DC

"While infrequent, it's not unusual for an English word to use the "long o" (ō) pron…"

56 Aug 24
Reply by ClarkKent_DC

"I can attest to that---by telling a tale on myself. From the beginning of the 1950…"

Commander Benson replied Aug 19 to "Gingold" - Hard or Soft "G"?

56 Aug 24
Reply by ClarkKent_DC

"Interesting, not only in the differing ways we pronounce certain words from comics,…"

Commander Benson replied Aug 18 to "Gingold" - Hard or Soft "G"?

56 Aug 24
Reply by ClarkKent_DC

"Along with Dick "Mr. Whipple" WIlson and Virginia "Mrs. Olsen" Christine and Jan "…"

Commander Benson replied Aug 9 to RIP Jane Withers - Golden Age Child Star, Josephine the Plumber

4 Aug 9
Reply by Richard Willis

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service