Allen Wayne Smith's Discussions (46)

Discussions Replied To (45) Replies Latest Activity

"Of course, that's discounting the Beatles movies like Help! and A Hard Days Night. …"

Allen Wayne Smith replied Jan 3, 2013 to Movies I Have Seen Lately

5521 1 hour ago
Reply by ClarkKent_DC

"I saw Les Miserables with my two sons last weekend.  Don't know what to say about it…"

Allen Wayne Smith replied Jan 3, 2013 to Movies I Have Seen Lately

5521 1 hour ago
Reply by ClarkKent_DC

"No, Kirby isn't the be all and end all of comics.  I'm realistic about the talents o…"

Allen Wayne Smith replied Oct 22, 2012 to DC Comics in the early '70s

117 Nov 2, 2012
Reply by Tim Boo Ba

"jFor one very simple reason: Stan Lee has made enough money off little talent and I…"

Allen Wayne Smith replied Oct 22, 2012 to DC Comics in the early '70s

117 Nov 2, 2012
Reply by Tim Boo Ba

"Okay, thanks for the correction, guys.  As for the FF by Conway and Buckler, I haven…"

Allen Wayne Smith replied Oct 20, 2012 to Spider-Man

199 Nov 14, 2012
Reply by Henry R. Kujawa

"Now that I think of it, didn't that B & W Spec Spidey have a strip in it by Romi…"

Allen Wayne Smith replied Oct 20, 2012 to Spider-Man

199 Nov 14, 2012
Reply by Henry R. Kujawa

"I got the first black and white issue of Spectacular Spider-Man, and its color seque…"

Allen Wayne Smith replied Oct 19, 2012 to Spider-Man

199 Nov 14, 2012
Reply by Henry R. Kujawa

"Kirby resented doing layouts because it meant he had to write, or plot, a story but…"

Allen Wayne Smith replied Oct 18, 2012 to Captain America Questions AKA I Was Wondering #9

112 Oct 19, 2012
Reply by Kirk G

"Not everything, Robin, just a lot more than Stan Lee ever credited him for.  And, le…"

Allen Wayne Smith replied Oct 18, 2012 to Captain America Questions AKA I Was Wondering #9

112 Oct 19, 2012
Reply by Kirk G

"Agreed, but Aquaman was lame compared to Sub-Mariner.  Everett's art and approach to…"

Allen Wayne Smith replied Oct 18, 2012 to How close was Goodman to closing up Marvel in the fifties?

22 Nov 3, 2012
Reply by Luke Blanchard

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

ClarkKent_DC replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion A Smithsonian Book of Comic-Book Comics
"It was a long time before I could see that image of Lena the Hyena without it making my skin crawl."
7 minutes ago
Dave Palmer replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
11 minutes ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"VALIANT / UNITY: I got a bit carried away yesterday after reading Eternal Warrior #6-8 and set…"
48 minutes ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion A Smithsonian Book of Comic-Book Comics
"Yeah, I decided to it pass because I like the story so much. I hope you enjoy it as much as I…"
1 hour ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"Since we failed to discuss Annie Live! when it aired, I dropped in a comment, here."
1 hour ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"There's a whole sequence in the first Annie movie, that all other Annie movies copied, with an…"
1 hour ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to Emerkeith Davyjack's discussion "'Cause they taped it on only one day..." - NBC's The Sound of Music
"Somehow, we failed to talk about Annie Live! when it aired, although I did watch it and did enjoy…"
1 hour ago
doc photo replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Harvey Kurtzman
"I agree that the Feldstein version of Mad is the classic version. I first read Kurtzman's Mad…"
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Cavaliere (moderator emeritus)'s discussion What are you watching right now?
"My recent reading, All In Color For a Dime (specifically the chapters which deal with E.C.…"
2 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Magnus Robot Fighter and his mother."
2 hours ago
Peter Wrexham replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Aquaman and Mera become parents (to Princess Andy)."
4 hours ago
JD DeLuzio replied to Cavaliere (moderator emeritus)'s discussion What are you watching right now?
"Also... W. Kamau Bell's We Have to Talk About Bill Cosby, which may be the go-to documentary…"
4 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service