All Discussions Tagged 'age' (11)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Anyone Got a Time Machine I Can Borrow?

Yesterday when I was pulling the cash register drawer from the pharmacy that I work, I found that someone had paid with a roll of dimes, wh…

Started by Philip Portelli

5 Jun 25
Reply by Ronald Morgan

Why WEREN'T Reed and Sue married before FANTASTIC FOUR #1?

With the new Fantastic Four movie about to come out, I thought that I would ask about something that always bothered me. Given the informat…

81 Jul 31, 2016
Reply by Richard Willis

Silver Age Mysteries, or Things I Couldn't Grasp as a Kid

It seemed pretty obvious to me back in the 1960s, that Marvel had three split books that featured two super-heroes in a book.  They were th…

Started by Kirk G

23 Mar 29, 2014
Reply by Emerkeith Davyjack

SILVER AGE Event from 2000!

Cover dated July 2000, DC published one of their semi-regular monthly events dubbed Silver Age, a supposedly fond look back at the halcyon…

29 Dec 21, 2013
Reply by Luke Blanchard

SHIELD Questions AKA I Was Wondering #17

With the premiere of Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, one can't help but consider the Silver Age comics version that began with STRANGE TALES #13…

55 Oct 13, 2013
Reply by Luis Olavo de Moura Dantas

A Comic a Day: Legion Of Super-Heroes #305

Legion of Super-heroes #305 November 1983 Cover art by: Keith Giffen & Larry Mahlstedt Story: Violet's Story Writer: Paul Levitz Penc…

Started by Travis Herrick (Modular Mod)

3 Sep 13, 2013
Reply by Richard Mantle

A Comic a Day: Legion Of Super-heroes #273

Legion of Super-heroes #273 March 1981 Cover art by: Rich Buckler & Steve Mitchll Story: A Murderer--Among Us? Writer: Gerry Conway P…

Started by Travis Herrick (Modular Mod)

10 Sep 6, 2013
Reply by Richard Mantle

The Silver Age of DC Comics by Paul Levitz

Publication Date: 25 Jan 2013 | Series: The Silver Age of DC Comics   With super heroes nearly extinct at the start of the 1950s, DC Comic…

Started by Dandy Forsdyke

5 Nov 21, 2012
Reply by Doctor Hmmm?

How long Did Silver Age Titles Run?

Have you ever stoped to think about how many years "Marvel" was keeping it's head above water with these monsterbooks before they tried the…

Started by Kirk G

12 Oct 26, 2012
Reply by Dave Blanchard

Marvel Value Added Stamps

Someplace in the 70s, Marvel comics started printing full color "stamps" in the letters pages of their comics.  Each one was numbered, and…

Started by Kirk G

3 Oct 7, 2012
Reply by Kirk G

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service