All Discussions Tagged 'books' (9)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Books about Comic Books

I don't know about you guys but I'm a sucker for books about comic books. I have a large number (probably more than twenty) and most of the…

Started by Steve W

37 Apr 17
Reply by Steve W

So, What Are You Reading These Days? (besides comics)

Just bringing this discussion over to ning... What books are you reading right now that don't have a narrative driven by images as well as…

Started by Alan M.

1064 Apr 11
Reply by Jeff of Earth-J

" Comic book plays " in the 60s

Recently reading up about a 1960s cafe/space in New York City called Caffe Cino , which was an early place for the " Off-Off-Broadway " mov…

Started by Emerkeith Davyjack

4 Aug 1, 2016
Reply by Emerkeith Davyjack

New iPhoto recognizes comic book faces

I note this as a curiosity, I've been scanning my comic book collection into iPhoto for a while now and when my computer died last weeke…

Started by Mark S. Ogilvie

0 Feb 21, 2015

Batman: Zero Year discussion thread (Spoilers)

I see we've talked some about Batman Zero year over here. However, it seems to have gotten lost amongst other Batman talk. So I thought I'd…

Started by Jason Marconnet (Pint sized mod)

14 Jan 2, 2014
Reply by Travis Herrick (Modular Mod)

Which Image Books Should I Read?

I do not read Image books. Never have. The only two mini-series I have gotten were Olympus and Turf and neither left much of an impact. But…

Started by Philip Portelli

42 Jul 14, 2013
Reply by Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod)

The Silver Age of DC Comics by Paul Levitz

Publication Date: 25 Jan 2013 | Series: The Silver Age of DC Comics   With super heroes nearly extinct at the start of the 1950s, DC Comic…

Started by Dandy Forsdyke

5 Nov 21, 2012
Reply by Doctor Hmmm?

How long Did Silver Age Titles Run?

Have you ever stoped to think about how many years "Marvel" was keeping it's head above water with these monsterbooks before they tried the…

Started by Kirk G

12 Oct 26, 2012
Reply by Dave Blanchard

Gladiator!

I just happened upon an old edition of Phillip Wylie's Gladiator -- a 1930 novel that was one of the inspirations for Superman. (It's the 1…

Started by Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod)

10 Oct 6, 2012
Reply by Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod)

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service