All Discussions Tagged 'superman' (28)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Go-Go Checks and Other Delights

In about March of 1966, DC comics added go-go checks across the top edge of the Superman issue for that month. The practice was continued u…

Started by Kirk G

12 Feb 18, 2014
Reply by Jimmm Kelly

A Comic a Day: World's Finest #177

World's Finest #177 August 1968 Cover art: Ross Andru & Mike Esposito Story: Duel of the Crime Kings! Writer: Jim Shooter Pencils: Cu…

Started by Travis Herrick (Modular Mod)

2 Feb 14, 2014
Reply by John Dunbar

A Comic a Day: World's Finest #159

World's Finest #159 August 1966 Cover art: Curt Swan & George Klein Story: The Cape and Cowl Crooks Writer: Edmond Hamilton Pencils:…

3 Feb 6, 2014
Reply by Mark S. Ogilvie

A Comic a Day: Supeman's Pal Jimmy Olsen #87

Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen #87 September 1965 Cover art: Curt Swan & Sheldon Moldoff Story: The Arena of Doom Writer: Jerry Siegel Ar…

10 Nov 11, 2013
Reply by Philip Portelli

Kryptonian Glyph

You can now create your own Kryptonian Glyph at: http://glyphcreator.manofsteel.com/ I am from house Zar:

0 Nov 7, 2013

Superman's 75th Anniversary

When Superman inaugurated ACTION COMICS with its first issue I always thought he was instantly recognized by the company as a big draw. Of…

Started by Richard Willis

20 May 25, 2013
Reply by Richard Willis

Silver Sightings: The Composite Superman

Over at Mister Silver Age's 12 Questions thread, Kirk G asked about the Composite Superman which inspired me suddenly to do write about Wor…

Started by Philip Portelli

42 Apr 29, 2013
Reply by Mr. Silver Age

One Week Only: It's a Bird... It's a Plane... It's Superman!

New York City Center Encores is staging a revival of 1966's musical It's a Bird... It's a Plane... It's Superman! from March 20-24. I never…

Started by Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod)

0 Feb 23, 2013

A heads up and a rumor...

First: From all reports, AVX: Versus #6 (hey, I don't make the titles up) out today is THE book to pick up as it's a kind of What The?! par…

Started by Doc Beechler (mod-MD)

6 Oct 4, 2012
Reply by Travis Herrick (Modular Mod)

Fan of Bronze: Superman & Wonder Woman....AGAIN!

There has been much media buzz about this: But before there was Lois Lane # 93 (Jl'69), Lois Lane #136 (F'74) AND Action Comics #600 (My'8…

Started by Philip Portelli

13 Sep 28, 2012
Reply by Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod)

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service