Hey it's never too early to start, right?

I've only read two comics in 2012 and have a few more waiting for me. Fatale by Ed Brubaker & Sean Phillips will be in the running for best new series.

The categories are:

Best Writer

Best Artist

Most Underrated Writer

Most Underrated Artist

Best Self-Contained Story (Single Issue or One-Shot)

Best Story Arc

Best Limited Series

Best Ongoing Series

Best New Title

Most Underrated Title

Best Original Graphic Novel

Best Web Comic

Best Reprint or Archive

Best Male Character

Best Female Character

Best Villain

Best New Character

Best Supporting Character

Best Team

Biggest Surprise (in-story)

Best Cover

Best Single Panel

Best Fight Scene

Best Character Recovery

Best Superhero Story in Another Media

RIP Award (for fictional characters)

Views: 853

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I want to remember X-Factor #238 when it's time to nominate something for Best Cover.

The 'best new series' category is going to be crowded this year.  I want to nominate X-O Manowar as well as Saga but that leaves no room for Batman Beyond Unlimited. 

I think it's a safe bet that someone else will suggest Saga if you want to throw in those other two come nominations time. :)

American Vampire's "Blacklist" is worthy of a best story arc nom. 

Yeah, Saga will get my nomination.

The two page spread in Before Watchmen: Ozymandias #2 gets my nomination for best splash page. It's a great scene in yellow and black showing Ozzy taking out some thugs.

from iFanboy

Note to myself: The cover to Mind Mgmt #3 was awesome — remember to nominate it for best cover.

Yeah, that absolutely creeped me out and fascinated me at the same time.

I would not be at all surprised in Mike Allred's cover to Daredevil #17 were to win best cover this year.

Wolverine and the X-Men #17 (the Doop issue) is worth considering for best single issue or one-shot. Man, that's funny stuff.

An upcoming cover that's worth some consideration: Green Lantern Corps 15, which builds a power battery around Guy Garner with various story elements. Clever stuff:

Jeff, you may like Daredevil 17, but I think 18 is even better:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service