Hey it's never too early to start, right?

I've only read two comics in 2012 and have a few more waiting for me. Fatale by Ed Brubaker & Sean Phillips will be in the running for best new series.

The categories are:

Best Writer

Best Artist

Most Underrated Writer

Most Underrated Artist

Best Self-Contained Story (Single Issue or One-Shot)

Best Story Arc

Best Limited Series

Best Ongoing Series

Best New Title

Most Underrated Title

Best Original Graphic Novel

Best Web Comic

Best Reprint or Archive

Best Male Character

Best Female Character

Best Villain

Best New Character

Best Supporting Character

Best Team

Biggest Surprise (in-story)

Best Cover

Best Single Panel

Best Fight Scene

Best Character Recovery

Best Superhero Story in Another Media

RIP Award (for fictional characters)

Views: 849

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And a few ideas for best story arc: American Vampire's "The Blacklist," The Fables' "Babes in Toyland" and "Before Watchmen." 

It's difficult to choose among the many great covers Daredevil has had this year and last.

Here is the cover to a comic shipping next week I'd like to nominate:

Daredevil 19's reveal of the mystery villain plaguing Daredevil's life for the past run of issues is a contender for surprise of the year. It's certainly one heck of an upgrade for the character!

Oh, and something I might consider for Best Reprint or Archive -- IDW's monthly Classic Popeye series. These books are charming and fun, and offer a great value -- 52 ad-free pages -- for $4. I picked up the first one on a lark, and have gotten well and truly hooked. 

Keep that one in mind, Rob.  One of the categories is Best Character Recovery and that goes for villains as well as heroes.  As I recall, the Calculator won that award one year after he was revamped as a major threat for Barbara Gordon in Birds of Prey. 

Rob Staeger said:

Daredevil 19's reveal of the mystery villain plaguing Daredevil's life for the past run of issues is a contender for surprise of the year. It's certainly one heck of an upgrade for the character!

I thought I'd drop in a line and let you know the schedule for this year's awards.  Unusual for me, I have vacation time from Christmas to New Year's.  So I'll start the official nomination thread a little earlier than usual, probably on Friday, Dec. 21.  I'll then keep it open two weeks instead of one.  I plan to close the nomination threads and open the ballots on Friday, Jan. 4.  The ballots will run for one week and any run-offs will start on or about Jan. 11. 

Thanks for the heads-up, Chris!

(And as for the Daredevil surprise, all was not quite what it seemed, apparently. Although what's actually going on remains to be seen.)

Oh, just an update from earlier discussion... Fatale is now officially an ongoing, not a limited series. It'll end eventually, but it keeps growing, and Brubaker doesn't want to keep changing the official target length.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service