Hey it's never too early to start, right?

I've only read two comics in 2012 and have a few more waiting for me. Fatale by Ed Brubaker & Sean Phillips will be in the running for best new series.

The categories are:

Best Writer

Best Artist

Most Underrated Writer

Most Underrated Artist

Best Self-Contained Story (Single Issue or One-Shot)

Best Story Arc

Best Limited Series

Best Ongoing Series

Best New Title

Most Underrated Title

Best Original Graphic Novel

Best Web Comic

Best Reprint or Archive

Best Male Character

Best Female Character

Best Villain

Best New Character

Best Supporting Character

Best Team

Biggest Surprise (in-story)

Best Cover

Best Single Panel

Best Fight Scene

Best Character Recovery

Best Superhero Story in Another Media

RIP Award (for fictional characters)

Views: 833

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As for Biggest Surprise: Wonder Woman #5's revelation of Poseidon as a gigantic sea monster came as quite a shock -- even though he'd been on a cover I'd been looking at for three months!

I'd better mention BRENDA STARR as a potential candidate for best reprint or archive before I forget.

Opinion: can Broo from Wolverine and the X-Men count for best new character? He was technically introduced in Astonishing X-Men last year, but is really being fleshed out and developed as a character in WatXM...

Also, Jason, would you be able to edit the opening post on this thread to put in the categories? I'm having a hard time remembering what they all are, and that would be a convenient reminder.

Opinion: can Broo from Wolverine and the X-Men count for best new character? He was technically introduced in Astonishing X-Men last year, but is really being fleshed out and developed as a character in WatXM...

I'm not the right person to answer, I don't have a problem with it though. You can nominate him for another category though, such as supporting character.

Also, Jason, would you be able to edit the opening post on this thread to put in the categories? I'm having a hard time remembering what they all are, and that would be a convenient reminder.

Done!

This Court of the Owls stuff in Batman is going to get a bunch of nominations from me. Best Story arc is one. The other would be best fight for Batman vs the Talon in Batman #6.

Jason Marconnet said:

Done!

Thank you, sir!

Jason Marconnet said:

This Court of the Owls stuff in Batman is going to get a bunch of nominations from me. Best Story arc is one. The other would be best fight for Batman vs the Talon in Batman #6.

Absolutely agreed. That was a great storyline.

It's not over yet. The Court of the Owls keeps going till at least issue 11, I believe. And this is also not the end of Scott Snyder on Batman. On his twitter today, he stated he has a trilogy planned for Bruce with the owls being the first part. There's two more arcs he plans to do, one starting in issue 13 and the other in issue 20. So hopefully we've got some quality Batman stuff for another few more years coming our way.

Alan M. said:

Thank you, sir!

Jason Marconnet said:

Absolutely agreed. That was a great storyline.

I just received Jim Henson's Tale of Sand in the mail today, and without having yet read word one, I already know this one's a Best Original Graphic Novel nominee; it's a beautiful book!

Bill Everett Archives has possibilities.

Is there a record for most double page spreads in one issue?

Batwoman is definitely a serious contender for that honor, even if it's just an honorary Cappie at best.

The art in that book has just been fantastic since issue 0 last Spring.

Manhattan Projects by Jonathan Hickman for best new series.

Batman & Robin #7 gets two nominations from me.

Best Panel, well it's more of a splash page but here we go

and best fight for Batman vs Nobody

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service