In previous years, this was a memory box so we didn't miss any good nominations for the Cappies. With the Cappies hypertimed away, that doesn't mean we have to discontinue these threads. I've always liked going back at the end of the year and seeing the books and stories and moments that people really champion -- including plenty of stuff that I've forgotten about come Christmastime. 

So have at it, Legionnaires! It's a bold new year! What in 2017 has knocked you out?

Views: 978

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It has been ages since I actually bought a poster, but after seeing Todd Nauck's "Hunt For Wolverine" poster I just had to have it. I was literally looking at it at my LCS for a solid 5 minutes. Just so much fun stuff going on there.

“Did you get the Prisoner by Kirby & Kane book eventually Jeff?”

I did not, Richard. (Nothing like that shipped to my LCS.) I’m not certain we’re talking about the same product. Over in “Pick of the Week” last week, you referred to it as “The Prisoner Art Special” and referred to it as a “HUGE oversized hardback and the contents are remarkable! I was thinking of an “Artist Edition” (or “Artefact Edition”) published by IDW. That wasn’t solicited to ship until next month. Whereas these editions sometimes ship on time, I have never known them to ship early. Are you referring to an IDW Artist/Artefact edition, or something else?>

Aw, man, Dag.

And it's great that the Beanworld stories are all under one cover now.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

Larry Marder's Beanworld omibus ships this week.

Makes me think of Dagwan. :(

This is my pride and joy.

Hardback oversized and glorious!

Strangely my UK version of Amazon has it available as a Pre-Order coming out 10/07.....which'll be 07/10 to you guys I guess(?).

It has the Publishers as 'Titan' if that helps.

It's a fairly slim book but previously unpublished goldust!

REALLY hope that helps!

Jeff of Earth-J said:

“Did you get the Prisoner by Kirby & Kane book eventually Jeff?”

I did not, Richard. (Nothing like that shipped to my LCS.) I’m not certain we’re talking about the same product. Over in “Pick of the Week” last week, you referred to it as “The Prisoner Art Special” and referred to it as a “HUGE oversized hardback and the contents are remarkable! I was thinking of an “Artist Edition” (or “Artefact Edition”) published by IDW. That wasn’t solicited to ship until next month. Whereas these editions sometimes ship on time, I have never known them to ship early. Are you referring to an IDW Artist/Artefact edition, or something else?>

I'm confused. I see the "Art Edition" on amazon.co.uk at 46 GBP and also on amazon.com for 64 USD which is roughly equvalent. That sounds a little cheap for an Artist Edition, plus AEs are published by IDW, not Titan (which is a British publisher). It's not listed as available on Amazon until late July, so I don't know what's up. I know I pre-ordered it; maybe I only thought it was an IDW AE when it's actually something similar. I'll post here when I get mine.

I suspect that what's available in the Uk isn't necessarily available in the US, and vice versa.

"I'm confused."

Okay, Richard. I'm not confused anymore. what I ordered is exactly the same thing you bought. It is published by Titan; I mistakenly thought it was published by IDW. It's simply not available in the U.S. yet. I don't expect it any sooner than July 1. That's the release date solicited (although Amazon.com says later).

Aha. The mists have cleared.

I look forward to your comments on arrival.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

"I'm confused."

Okay, Richard. I'm not confused anymore. what I ordered is exactly the same thing you bought. It is published by Titan; I mistakenly thought it was published by IDW. It's simply not available in the U.S. yet. I don't expect it any sooner than July 1. That's the release date solicited (although Amazon.com says later).

Today was the day for second volumes:

Superboy & the Legion of Super-Heroes v2

John Byrne’s Wonder Woman v2

For Better or for Worse v2

I'm really looking forward to that Legion book; I ordered it from Amazon, so I'm not getting the week's head-start that LCS buyers will get... but I expect I'll read it cover to cover before the month is out.

I really enjoyed reading the first volume of the Legion book, so I'll also order the second one from Amazon.

Earlier this week, I got a box containing Avengers No Surrender and Larry Marder's Beanworld Omnibus. I've never read Beanworld, but I've heard enough good things from enough people I respect to give it a try.

Oh man, this is what I get for not reading the entries above before going off and babbling uninformed. I hope to make Dagwan proud soon.

Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) said:

Aw, man, Dag.

And it's great that the Beanworld stories are all under one cover now.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

Larry Marder's Beanworld omibus ships this week.

Makes me think of Dagwan. :(

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service