In previous years, this was a memory box so we didn't miss any good nominations for the Cappies. With the Cappies hypertimed away, that doesn't mean we have to discontinue these threads. I've always liked going back at the end of the year and seeing the books and stories and moments that people really champion -- including plenty of stuff that I've forgotten about come Christmastime. 

So have at it, Legionnaires! It's a bold new year! What in 2017 has knocked you out?

Views: 1135

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This looks interesting.

DC Comics Before Superman: Major Malcom Wheeler-Nicholson's Pulp Co...

I didn't pre-order it, so we'll have to see.

Ships tomorrow.

There's a good interview with the author on Wordballoon from a month or so ago; I think there's also a more recent episode that's a recording of a comicon panel she was on. Interesting stuff!

All of these shipped today:

EC ARCHIVES HAUNT OF FEAR v5

FRANKENSTEIN ALIVE, ALIVE! HC

POGO STRIPS v5

THE WALKING DEAD v15

SKYMASTERS SUNDAYS 1959-1960: This has been solicited and later cancelled so many time by so many different publishers I didn’t think I would ever see it. (Even this one is eight months behind schedule.) A collection of dailies came out earlier this year, so now the entire run of the Kirby/Wood/Ayers comic strip is available at last.

POGO: THE COMPLETE DELL COMICS V6: The sixth and final volume collecting Walt Kelley’s “Pogo” comic books also shipped today.

THE LEAGUE OF REGRETTABLE SIDEKICKS:

I forgot to mention it, but the third in Jon Morris’s “Regrettable” series (following The League of Regrettable Superheroes and The League of Regrettable Supervillains) shipped yesterday, too. From what I have read so far, it is just as entertaining as the other two.

PEANUTS DELL ARCHIVE: This collection reprints Peanuts material designed specifically for comic books (as opposed to strip reprints). Most of the work is not done by Charles Schulz, but the artists represented were meticulous about emulating his style. I, personally, cannot tell the difference. There is enough material left over for a second volume reprinting some of the work when the artists weren’t trying that hard. So far, this is the only volume planned, but if it sells, who knows what the future will bring? I can recommend it to Peanuts fans, even to Charles Schulz purists.

X-MEN: GRAND DESIGN: SECOND GENESIS: If you read the first volume (or any of the individual issues) you already know what to expect. The conceit of this series is that it retells the history of the X-Men as if it were plotted in advance, like a novel. This volume takes us circa #200 or so.

DOCTOR OF HORROR: This is the 23rd Fantagraphics volumes of EC comics featuring a particular writer or artist. This one is a Graham Ingels volume.

All of these shipped yesterday.

All of these collections shipped today:

THE COMPLETE LITTLE ORPHAN ANNIE – VOL. 15: Collects all of the black & white dailies and color Sundays from March 13, 1950 to October 28, 1951.

CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS COMPANION – VOL. 1: Collects tie-ins from DC Comics Presents #78, All-Star Squadron #50-60, Firestorm #41-42, Green Lantern #194-198.

MARVEL KNIGHTS BY JOE QUESADA OMNIBUS: Collects Daredevil #1-15, Daredevil: fFther #1-6, and more.

GOLDEN AGE WONDER WOMAN OMNIBUS – VOL. 3: Collects Sensation Comics #49-67, Wonder Woman #16-24 and Comics Cavalcade #14-22.

THANOS: INFINITY CONFLICT OGN: The middle part of the latest Starlin/Davis/Farmer trilogy.

Guys - this may not be the right place for this but....my pick of the year so far..... Madam Tousauds in London puts on a team minute computer animated '4D' Marvel film - (3D plus squirting you with water when our heroes fall in water etc) .....It is GLORIOUS!! Asside from a thrilling experience what it does is team captain America, Iron Man and Hulk with Spidey AND Wolverine ( AND a Ms Marvel cameo!) It's a wonderful team-up we can't even see in the films!!!!

Here's the site for what Richard is talking about:

Tussauds Marvel Secret Command Centre

Also, Do a Google search for "Tussauds in London Marvel" and select the Images option to see several pictures of the figures.

That is perfectly fine Richard. The original Cappies included a non-comic book category that was still genre related. Even then, if it is one of your favorite things of the year, I'm all for hearing about it.

Richard Mantle said:

Guys - this may not be the right place for this but....my pick of the year so far..... Madam Tousauds in London puts on a team minute computer animated '4D' Marvel film - (3D plus squirting you with water when our heroes fall in water etc) .....It is GLORIOUS!! Asside from a thrilling experience what it does is team captain America, Iron Man and Hulk with Spidey AND Wolverine ( AND a Ms Marvel cameo!) It's a wonderful team-up we can't even see in the films!!!!

Until today, I've been offline since I went to my LCS last week, but these shipped on November 21:

LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT: NORM BREYFOGLE Vol. 2.

SILVER SURFER BY SLOTT & ALLRED OMNIBUS.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service