I can't believe we've gone this long without starting a beer thread. I enjoyed the one on the old board and actually tried some of the beverages that were liked by others.

I've discovered that I really like Sam Adams Oktoberfest. I've never enjoyed the Boston Lager but this Oktoberfest is good stuff. I also finally tried Yeungling Black & Tan. Also very good.

Views: 3416

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My LGS ("local grocery store") has had Foster's "oil cans" on sale for $1.99 so I've been goping back and forth between their Lager and their Special Ale. The Special Ale tastes a bit like a boilermaker to me. I tried two different Kona brews over the weekend (Hawaiin beers brewed in New Hampshire), but they were flat so it wasn't a fair test.

Ah yes the Kroger near me has those oil cans for sale quite often. I like the lager a bit more myself.

Friday I got a taster of New Belgium's seasonal beer at a bar, it was called Somersault. There was a fruity flavor in it that I couldn't quite place that threw the whole thing off for me. I didn't like it. I finally went online to find out what it was: apricot. For me it was a pairing that didn't work.

Yuck. I generally avoid beers made with fruit. As Norm Peterson once said to Woody when offered a Corona with a lime, "The only thing I wanna see floatin' in beer is my liver."

well parenting and working get in the way, but I picked up a kit the other week and am hoping to make it soon. I don't have the equipment for all-grain brewing yet but maybe someday. I've been pretty happy with the kits so far.
JeffCarter said:
Yes, evidently it does. I really liked it. A buddy of mine loads me up a 6-pack of different beers any time I help him out, and that one was the exclamation point. I still haven't had any of your beer yet, though, Sly--you still making it?
I find myself in the midst of an odd “can” phase. I haven’t drunk bear from cans in 25 years… I generally refuse to drink beers from bottles if it is also even available in cans. But I recently bought some Landshark in a special “commemorative” can (commemorating what, exactly, I am not certain).
And how was it?

Jeff of Earth-J said:
I find myself in the midst of an odd “can” phase. I haven’t drunk bear from cans in 25 years… I generally refuse to drink beers from bottles if it is also even available in cans. But I recently bought some Landshark in a special “commemorative” can (commemorating what, exactly, I am not certain).
It was kind of... tasteless.
The ONLY beer I enjoy from cans is the locally made Sun King beers.
Mmmm... the Sunlight Cream Ale is awesome, but still, IMO, not quite as good as it is out of the tap. But in comparison with other beers, I think the translation between tap and contained is pretty even.

Doc Beechler (mod-MD) said:

IMO, anything out of the tap is better. Of course I've had my share of bad beer out of the tap. But as a general rule I always go with what's on tap first.

Does Sun King distribute out of Indiana? I'm always up for trying new beers.

JeffCarter said:

Mmmm... the Sunlight Cream Ale is awesome, but still, IMO, not quite as good as it is out of the tap. But in comparison with other beers, I think the translation between tap and contained is pretty even.

Doc Beechler (mod-MD) said:
http://sunkingbrewing.com/beers.php

I think it's just an Indiana thing...

Thanks, I checked their site earlier and couldn't find if they distributed out of state. Looks like they have some good brew though.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service