I can't believe we've gone this long without starting a beer thread. I enjoyed the one on the old board and actually tried some of the beverages that were liked by others.

I've discovered that I really like Sam Adams Oktoberfest. I've never enjoyed the Boston Lager but this Oktoberfest is good stuff. I also finally tried Yeungling Black & Tan. Also very good.

Views: 3711

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Last week the bar I go to the most tapped a cask of Terrapin Rye that had been dry hopped with Cascade hops while in the cask. It had a good flavor but was a little flat. I had two because the distributor of the Terrapin and some other craft brews was in the bar with a bunch of Terrapin swag. He was only giving the stuff to girls so I had to have some leverage. I got a cool hat. For those of you unfamiliar with dry hopping, I'll fill you in: I'll let the my favorite bar give you the details actually.

Actually check out the rest of their blog. They have some good insights on beer and you can see all the stuff they put on tap. Lots of good beer going through that place. If any of you guys ever show up in Tallahassee, that's where we're going.

He was only giving the stuff to girls so I had to have some leverage.

If you had cleavage you wouldn’t need leverage. Da-dum-bum. Thank you, I’ll be here all week. Try the veal.

If any of you guys ever show up in Tallahassee, that's where we're going.

If my airline flew there I’d’ve flown in already!
We do fly there now! How far away from the airport do you live? Can you give us a ride? :)

Not far at all actually. It's not a great airport, typically expensive to fly in and out of but since you work for an airline you probably get a discount.

If any of you guys ever show up in Tallahassee, that's where we're going. And of course we'd go to Dagwan's shop!

Cool link, Jason. I'll have to check more of it out later.

The earliest I would be able to arrive on any given day would be 3:55P, so I couldn't make it a day trip. Methinks a trip to my local AAA is in order.

I've actually been in that airport! I got re-routed there flying out of Miami on my way back to Indy. It's a long story, but the first thing I did when I landed was call my girlfriend and said, "I have no idea where I am on the map."

I was there for two or three hours' worth of layover, and do remember it being a little boring. Sorry...

Jason Marconnet said:

Not far at all actually. It's not a great airport, typically expensive to fly in and out of but since you work for an airline you probably get a discount.

If any of you guys ever show up in Tallahassee, that's where we're going. And of course we'd go to Dagwan's shop!

Samuel Adams Summer Ale is a wheat beer flavored with lemon peel and “Grains of Paradise.” What is that? Sand from the beach at Malibu which fell from Elle Macpherson’s backside? Turns out, “Grains of Paradise” refers to “a rare pepper from Africa first used as a brewing spice in the 13th century.”
Didn't have any new or exciting beer this week. I just drank a few Miller Lites at the pool hall Friday night.

Cool.

I've decided I'm going to have to stop buying beer at the gas station down the street and make the trip to the nearest actual liquor store 10 miles away. For one thing, the gas station doesn't have much of a selection, but more importanlty, Joe Six Pack buys mostly those yellow fizzy light beers and most of the craft beers they do carry are flat. I tried a new one this weekend but it wasn't really a fair test because it had been on the shelf for so long.

Probably a wise decision. Though I've gotten beer from the liqour store before that tasted like it'd been on the shelf for a while. But it's rare. You'll get a huge selection to choose from at the liqour store, sometimes it's overwhelming. A lot of liqour stores will let you make you're own six pack. Which can be a handy thing if you what to try a few things but don't want to buy a whole six pack.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service