I can't believe we've gone this long without starting a beer thread. I enjoyed the one on the old board and actually tried some of the beverages that were liked by others.

I've discovered that I really like Sam Adams Oktoberfest. I've never enjoyed the Boston Lager but this Oktoberfest is good stuff. I also finally tried Yeungling Black & Tan. Also very good.

Views: 3757

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Geez, that Oak-toberfest is pretty high in the ABV, the El Camino sounds more my style. Those are both solid breweries though.

I recently had a couple of Oskar Blues Beers:

Old Chub - Which I've had before, but its been a long time. This is a Scotch Ale (8.0% ABV). I liked it quite a bit, and more than I remember liking it before. Really malty.

Saloon Juice (4.5% ABV) - A pretty standard lager. Its alright, but not anything I would go out of my way to get again.

I saw that Saloon Juice when I bought the other two and almost bought it until I noticed the low ABV.

If I'm going to consume empty calories, I might as well at least get a little buzz from it.

Went to the one particular Sprouts location where I had found G.P.A. before (reviewed somewhere above), but they didn't have it. Bought Two-Hearted Ale, which I have had before and knew to be a decent fallback.

SIERRA NEVADA 40 - LIMITED EDITION HOPPY ANNIVERSARY ALE: Sierra Nevada Pale Ale has long been a fall-back of mine when I can't find anything else (such as in a quick shop or service station). I spotted this "Hoppy Anniversary Ale" earlier today, and I love a good pun. IPA's weren't popular in 1980 when Sierra Nevada started brewing, but this is their answer to them. That's not a particularly favorite style of mine, but if you like hop-forward beers, I suggest trying this one while you can.

THE AMAZING CORN DOG SMOKED ALE: I went to the grocery store today with not intention to buy beer. In fact, I went with the intention not to buy beer. But in a different section of the store, ny eye was attracted by a disply of "The Amazing Corn Dog Smoked Ale." It was not so much the "Corn Dog" which attacted me as the "Smoked Ale." That, and it was brewed by Revolver Brewing of Granbury, Texas (a good brewery, as Travis will attest). It's malty rather than hoppy, but it is smokey. I can't often find good beers in the grocery store, but as long as mine carries this I'll continue to buy it for a while. 5.2% ABV.

I don't think the one I had was smoked, but I did have a Revolver Corn Dog Ale, 2 years ago at the State Fair of Texas. I remember they advertised it that you *had* to try it with a mustard rimmed glass, as it enhanced the flavor or whatever. So, I tried it that way and it was disgusting, plus it looked pretty gross since they put quite a bit on there and it slid down the glass . Once I wiped all of the mustard off the glass, it was good. I really liked it.

I wonder if they bottled it since the state fair has been cancelled this year...

You're right Revolver Brewing is amazing. They belong in the HOF for their Blood & Honey alone.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

THE AMAZING CORN DOG SMOKED ALE: I went to the grocery store today with not intention to buy beer. In fact, I went with the intention not to buy beer. But in a different section of the store, ny eye was attracted by a disply of "The Amazing Corn Dog Smoked Ale." It was not so much the "Corn Dog" which attacted me as the "Smoked Ale." That, and it was brewed by Revolver Brewing of Granbury, Texas (a good brewery, as Travis will attest). It's malty rather than hoppy, but it is smokey. I can't often find good beers in the grocery store, but as long as mine carries this I'll continue to buy it for a while. 5.2% ABV.

"I wonder if they bottled it since the state fair has been cancelled this year..."

I'll bet that's the case. 

[I suspect there's a "spy" on this thread (not you, Travis) reporting back to my wife.] 

I confirm or deny nothing.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

"I wonder if they bottled it since the state fair has been cancelled this year..."

[I suspect there's a "spy" on this thread (not you, Travis) reporting back to my wife.] 

Bwhahahaha! 

The Baron said:

Jeff of Earth-J said:

Love smoked beer, especially in cooler weather. Holy Smoke Peat-Smoked Scotch Ale, brewed by Church-Key in Ontario, is a favorite. The selection of American microbrews up here is smaller and inconsistent, but  "The Amazing Corn Dog Smoked Ale" sounds like the sort of thing you'd want to have at a fall fair or an autumn harvest festival or Halloween event.

Okay, now I'm annoyed again that the final confluence of Halloween, Saturday, and a full moon that I'll ever see in my life is going to be upended by a pandemic.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

THE AMAZING CORN DOG SMOKED ALE: I went to the grocery store today with not intention to buy beer. In fact, I went with the intention not to buy beer. But in a different section of the store, ny eye was attracted by a disply of "The Amazing Corn Dog Smoked Ale." It was not so much the "Corn Dog" which attacted me as the "Smoked Ale." That, and it was brewed by Revolver Brewing of Granbury, Texas (a

I guess Big Brother is watching, or Big Baron

Tracy of Moon-T said:

Bwhahahaha! 

The Baron said:

Jeff of Earth-J said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service