I can't believe we've gone this long without starting a beer thread. I enjoyed the one on the old board and actually tried some of the beverages that were liked by others.

I've discovered that I really like Sam Adams Oktoberfest. I've never enjoyed the Boston Lager but this Oktoberfest is good stuff. I also finally tried Yeungling Black & Tan. Also very good.

Views: 4699

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

1909 HERITAGE LAGER: Every once in a while, one of the big brewers will release a beer I happen to like, but they're never around for long. Several years ago, Anheuser-Busch brewed Budweiser American Ale using an old recipe, and after that Adolph Coors released its "Pre-Prohibition" style. Now the Spoetzl Brewery in Shiner, TX* has released 1909, in honor of the year it opened. It's 4.5% ABV, so it's not as flavorful as the American Ale or the Pre-Prohibition style, but it's okay if you're in the mood for something light. 

*(Honestly, I'm underwhelmed by all of the Shiner beers, but the Ruby Red (grapefruit) is good paired with scrambled eggs for breakfast.)

Jeff, I like most of Shiner's offerings. I will keep an eye out for this new one.

So, Travis, have you tried Shiner's 1909 yet? 

I decided the most similar brew to Buweiser's American Ale and Coors' Pre-Prohibition Style that is available is Foster's Premium (in the green "oil can"), which is what I am imbibing now. 

Not yet, Jeff, but I also haven't bought any beer/liquor in a while.

I know I bought the Coors you mentioned when it came out, and I thought it was okay. I've definitely had the Foster's too, I'll buy that from a gas station from time to time.

I am presently drinking Gandy [sic] Dancer, a double IPA from the interestingly named Nowhere In Particular brewery in Gahanna, Ohio (suburban Columbus).  If their beers are distributed in your area, you owe it to yourself to try them.  I've had three of them and all of them have been solid at worst and outstanding at best.  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service