I can't believe we've gone this long without starting a beer thread. I enjoyed the one on the old board and actually tried some of the beverages that were liked by others.

I've discovered that I really like Sam Adams Oktoberfest. I've never enjoyed the Boston Lager but this Oktoberfest is good stuff. I also finally tried Yeungling Black & Tan. Also very good.

Views: 3731

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Right now it is Magic Hat's Hex Ourtoberfest. Their seasonal beer. Pretty good actually, reminds me a bit of Samuel Adams.
I can't remember if I've had that one or not. Typically I'm not a fan of Majic Hat except for #9 but I'm always willing to give them a try. I especially love any type of October-fest beers. I saw that Sam Adams Octoberfest is already out. Gotta get some of that!

Travis Herrick said:
Right now it is Magic Hat's Hex Ourtoberfest. Their seasonal beer. Pretty good actually, reminds me a bit of Samuel Adams.
Speaking of Magic Hat, I recently bought a Summer Scene! 12-Pak. It has #9 (the only non-seasonal one), Blind Faith (an IPA), Single Chair (a "Golden Beer," lager I guess), and Wacko (a summer seasonal with beet juice color). I've enjoyed all but Wacko, which is a bland beer; only the beet red color is distinctive. It looks like it should have an interesting taste, but it doesn't.
Man, I think Widmer Brothers Hefeweizen is my new favorite beer. So delicious. If you're a wheat beer drinker, try this stuff!
I've become enamored of Modelo Especial from Mexico. It's a light, sweet pilsner from the same people who make Negro Modelo. I like the latter, too, but I can only drink a couple because they're so heavy. I have no such problems with Especial! Note: Do not drink in a can, like they serve at the Redbirds game here in Memphis -- it retains the metallic taste.
Didn't feel like beer tonight, surprisingly. Instead, I released the Kraken. It's tasty with ginger ale.
I've never been much of a fan of Negro Model, but I love the Especial. I don't hate the Negro variety, I'll just usually pick something else over it.

Captain Comics said:
I've become enamored of Modelo Especial from Mexico. It's a light, sweet pilsner from the same people who make Negro Modelo. I like the latter, too, but I can only drink a couple because they're so heavy. I have no such problems with Especial! Note: Do not drink in a can, like they serve at the Redbirds game here in Memphis -- it retains the metallic taste.
One aspect of Especial I find interesting is that it has very little head (if any), and what it does have disappears almost instantly. I don't know what that means, so I'm curious. Maybe it's cut with the tears of children or something.
That could be anything Cap. Flat beer, the hops they use in the beer, even dirty glasses can affect the amount of head you get from a beer. Amongst other things.

I bought another pick 6 pack the other day, and I am drinking Wild Blue. I bought because it sounded disgusting, and I figured it would be. It is a "premium blueberry lager."

Here is what it looks like:

I looks kind of like grape juice. The verdict? Really not that bad, I've had a lot worse beers. It starts out sweet, and then has a beer after taste. I doubt I would ever buy a 6 pack of it, but it was neat.

I just bought a bottle of that this week, also. Not much head on my glass of it, but I was surprised at how blue it was. I agree, the initial taste is strongly blueberry, but it finishes as beer. Odd, but kind of fun. For one bottle, anyway.

Travis Herrick said:

I bought another pick 6 pack the other day, and I am drinking Wild Blue. I bought because it sounded disgusting, and I figured it would be. It is a "premium blueberry lager."

Here is what it looks like:

I looks kind of like grape juice. The verdict? Really not that bad, I've had a lot worse beers. It starts out sweet, and then has a beer after taste. I doubt I would ever buy a 6 pack of it, but it was neat.

My gout has migrated from my toe to my ankle, so what had been merely  excruciating is now nearly crippling.

I'm done with beer. :(

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service