I can't believe we've gone this long without starting a beer thread. I enjoyed the one on the old board and actually tried some of the beverages that were liked by others.

I've discovered that I really like Sam Adams Oktoberfest. I've never enjoyed the Boston Lager but this Oktoberfest is good stuff. I also finally tried Yeungling Black & Tan. Also very good.

Views: 3479

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well I tried some new beer last night whilst playing video games:

Shiner Smokehaus - Shiner has finally made some beer besides Shiner Bock that are good. This isn't one of them. It wasn't awful, and there is truth to the advertising on this one. Because the taste is smoky. Really, really smoky. Too smoky for me, but others might enjoy it. The other Shiners I have had that are good: Black and Commemorator (for their 100 year anniversary)

Paulaner Oktoberfest Märzen - A really smooth good tasting beer. It is an amber for those that care.
I haven't tried any of the Shiner beers but I have seen a few at the store.
Jupiter, I love the Sunset Wheat but I think my favorite Lienenkugel is the Classic Amber.
Today I went to the Greek Festival. I had a lot of great food as well as a Greek beer, Mythos. It was just ok though.
Shiner is based out of Texas, so it is a default draft beer at bars for me if there is nothing else decent available. Almost everyone keeps Shiner Bock on tap around here.
Has anybody had the Sam Adams Winter Sampler pack? I thought about picking it up this weekend. Then again I might wait until the weather is cool again sine the sampler has mostly dark beers which are ideal in cool weather. It's supposed to be in the mid 80s on Saturday. Ugh.
Jason Marconnet (Lime_Coke) said:
I have yet to try Fat Tire. I've heard from many friends that it's a good brew.

I just spotted it at Trader Joe's today, so I brought home a couple of bottles. Drinking one right now, and I like it. It's an amber ale, BTW.
I picked up the Sam Adams Brew master's pack last weekend. It contained Black Lager, Blackberry Whitiber, and Irish Red. The Blackberry and Irish Red were pretty good. But the Black Lager is awesome! I also got a six pack of the Lienenkugel Oktoberfest. It's good, but I think I like the Sam Adams Oktoberfest slightly more.
Jason Marconnet (Lime_Coke) said:
I picked up the Sam Adams Brew master's pack last weekend. It contained Black Lager, Blackberry Whitiber, and Irish Red. The Blackberry and Irish Red were pretty good. But the Black Lager is awesome! I also got a six pack of the Lienenkugel Oktoberfest. It's good, but I think I like the Sam Adams Oktoberfest slightly more.

Oh yeah I remember the Black Lager. Completely forgot about it though.
I haven't picked up this year's version, but I've bought it in years past. It's always a worthwhile purchase. The three mainstays (not counting the obligatory Boston Lager) are Old Fezziwig Ale (fine), Holiday Porter (ditto), and Cranberry Lambic, which some beer snobs insist isn't a "real lambic" but I enjoy it just the same. Winter Lager is usually good as well. The only only in this year's pack I haven't tried is the Coastal Porter. And with the exceptions of the Porter and Winter Lager, none of the others are all that heavy and thick.
Uh, in my prior post I was referring to the Sam Adams winter sampler that Jason mentioned. And I meant to say Coastal Wheat, not Coastal Porter. Sorry about that. I'll get used to this new board someday...
Yesterday I had a Pipeline Porter from the Kona Brewing Co. It is made with "100% Hawaiian Kona Coffee". It was pretty good actually. You can taste the coffee. I like coffee flavored stuff, but don't like coffee. Go figure.

This was from my Pick 6 from the other week.
Travis Herrick said:
Yesterday I had a Pipeline Porter from the Kona Brewing Co. It is made with "100% Hawaiian Kona Coffee". It was pretty good actually. You can taste the coffee. I like coffee flavored stuff, but don't like coffee. Go figure.

This was from my Pick 6 from the other week.

And I love coffee, but usually don't like coffee flavored stuff! I'll have to keep a lookout for this, though. It sounds interesting.
I had a Yeungling draft last night and it seemed kind of "skunky" tasting. I've had their dark beer in the bottle before and liked it. I've never seen the Black & Tan.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service