Ok, how about this for an idea.  We take it in turns to post a favourite (British spelling) comic cover every day.  This went really well on the comic fan website that I used to frequent.  What we tried to do was find a theme or subject and follow that, until we all got bored with that theme.  I'd like to propose a theme of letters of the alphabet. So, for the remainder of October (only 5 days) and all of November, we post comic cover pictures associated with the letter "A".  Then in December, we post covers pertaining to the letter "B".  The association to the letter can be as tenuous as you want it to be. For example I could post a cover from "Adventure Comics" or "Amazing Spider Man".  However Spider Man covers can also be posted when we're on the letter "S".  Adventure Comic covers could also be posted when we're on the letter "L" if they depict the Legion of Super Heroes.  So, no real hard, fast rules - in fact the cleverer the interpretation of the letter, the better, as far as I'm concerned.

And it's not written in stone that we have to post a cover every day. There may be some days when no cover gets posted. There's nothing wrong with this, it just demonstrates that we all have lives to lead.

If everyone's in agreement I'd like to kick this off with one of my favourite Action Comic covers, from January 1967. Curt Swan really excelled himself here.

Views: 100167

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What's next month's theme again?

Okay, the second one isn't a comic.

A couple of covers 

a transition to July

Peter Wrexham said:

So, if I've not made a mistake in the arithmetic, post 10,000 will be the 3rd reply on page 833.  Remember that, everyone!

Oops!  I think I have made a mistake in the arithmetic.  It looks as though post 10,000 will be the 3rd reply on page 834 (not 833)  Sorry about that!

In an attempt to atone for my error, let me offer a couple of really striking Moon covers.

I started the month with the Moon Man now I end it with his successor, Lady Lunar from World's Finest Comics #266 (Ja'81). Despite getting an entry in Who's Who and DC's dearth of quality super-villainesses, she was barely used again!

Here's my bridge to July, where the theme is Flags and Patriotic Symbols.  I put it to you that the hammer and sickle wielded by The Vanguard would qualify as patriotic symbols in the Soviet Union - at least when this was published in 1978.

We've seen many different moons this month - but up to now I don't think we've seen a frightened one.

And here's my bridge - a moon and a symbol of the Third Reich.

I'll say goodbye to the month with this particular cover - simply because I love it.

My post on page 814

Steve W said:

We've seen many different moons this month - but up to now I don't think we've seen a frightened one.

My last posts for June

July 1: Happy Canada Day!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service