Ok, how about this for an idea.  We take it in turns to post a favourite (British spelling) comic cover every day.  This went really well on the comic fan website that I used to frequent.  What we tried to do was find a theme or subject and follow that, until we all got bored with that theme.  I'd like to propose a theme of letters of the alphabet. So, for the remainder of October (only 5 days) and all of November, we post comic cover pictures associated with the letter "A".  Then in December, we post covers pertaining to the letter "B".  The association to the letter can be as tenuous as you want it to be. For example I could post a cover from "Adventure Comics" or "Amazing Spider Man".  However Spider Man covers can also be posted when we're on the letter "S".  Adventure Comic covers could also be posted when we're on the letter "L" if they depict the Legion of Super Heroes.  So, no real hard, fast rules - in fact the cleverer the interpretation of the letter, the better, as far as I'm concerned.

And it's not written in stone that we have to post a cover every day. There may be some days when no cover gets posted. There's nothing wrong with this, it just demonstrates that we all have lives to lead.

If everyone's in agreement I'd like to kick this off with one of my favourite Action Comic covers, from January 1967. Curt Swan really excelled himself here.

Views: 114547

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"Here is a cover actually featuring Janus where he calls himself Nega-Man."

I'll soon be covering FF #108 in my "Post-Kirby Fantastic Four" discussion.

Meanwhile, here's a slew of Mr. Fantastic dopplegangers from the same storyline.

I may not comment, but I’ll certainly read along.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

"Here is a cover actually featuring Janus where he calls himself Nega-Man."

I'll soon be covering FF #108 in my "Post-Kirby Fantastic Four" discussion.

Meanwhile, here's a slew of Mr. Fantastic dopplegangers from the same storyline.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

here's a slew of Mr. Fantastic dopplegangers

And a slew of Creepers...

...and a slew of Deadpools...

...and a slew of - uh, whoever this guy is.

Synopsis from GCD:

Jeremy has an accident with a photocopier.

Double-duck:

First, let’s follow up from yesterday with some more tiny Supermen (or should that be Supermans?).   These guys are always causing some sort of trouble it seems.

(Isn’t Jimmy’s expression great.  Ho hum, just another day at the office.)

And add multiple Archies to the mix

Double Green Goblins! 

Wonder Woman and younger incarnations of herself, and in her mother...

....whom she doesn't recognize here in an older story, because of the tiny diamond mask:

It’s interesting how often doppelgängers” are a plot element in Wonder Woman and Superman Family titles

JD DeLuzio said:

Wonder Woman and younger incarnations of herself, and her mother...

....whom she doesn't recognize here in an older story, because of the tiny diamond mask:

Here's another (different, I think) old story with Wonder Woman and a doppelgänger in a tiny mask.  The writer of the story was Charles Moulton, so I guess it's scarcely surprising that Wonder Woman is shown in the process of tying her other self up.

Dave Palmer said:

It’s interesting how often doppelgängers are a plot element in Wonder Woman

And here are a couple more examples, this time with robotic doppelgängers.

The Justice League against robot doubles, dream doubles and aura doubles!

Another "robot twin"

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service