Ok, how about this for an idea.  We take it in turns to post a favourite (British spelling) comic cover every day.  This went really well on the comic fan website that I used to frequent.  What we tried to do was find a theme or subject and follow that, until we all got bored with that theme.  I'd like to propose a theme of letters of the alphabet. So, for the remainder of October (only 5 days) and all of November, we post comic cover pictures associated with the letter "A".  Then in December, we post covers pertaining to the letter "B".  The association to the letter can be as tenuous as you want it to be. For example I could post a cover from "Adventure Comics" or "Amazing Spider Man".  However Spider Man covers can also be posted when we're on the letter "S".  Adventure Comic covers could also be posted when we're on the letter "L" if they depict the Legion of Super Heroes.  So, no real hard, fast rules - in fact the cleverer the interpretation of the letter, the better, as far as I'm concerned.

And it's not written in stone that we have to post a cover every day. There may be some days when no cover gets posted. There's nothing wrong with this, it just demonstrates that we all have lives to lead.

If everyone's in agreement I'd like to kick this off with one of my favourite Action Comic covers, from January 1967. Curt Swan really excelled himself here.

Views: 15298

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Eye #1. One of a number of fan-produced comics from "The Texas Trio" from 1963 to 1971. A number of future professionals contributed to it. The Eye had previously appeared in several stories in the super-hero anthology Star Studded Comics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Studded_Comics

All new E-Man #5. Publisher Charlton.

We're nearly halfway through the month and I don't believe we've mentioned Elvira yet! I'll make up for that right now.

Daredevil #181: The (Not-So) Final Fate of....Elektra!

Though it should have been!

Two issues of Justice League of America featuring "E" characters but they're NOT on the covers!

#105: The Elongated Man joins the team and

#109: The return of Eclipso!

Urania Blackwell, Element Girl (Metamorpho #13, July-August 1967).

Here's another "E-Man" (it says so right on the cover).

Hoy

The blurb says "Enter -- the Exquisite Elemental." Crystal of the Inhumans.

My Atlas/Seaboard selection of the month:

Spidey Super Stories #1 (1974).  Spider-Man and The Electric Company.

DC Comics Presents: Elseworlds 80-Page Giant . This is the one that was recalled and pulped because of the story "Letitia Lerner, Superman's Babysitter." The story was reprinted in Bizarro Comics (Hardcover), which I managed to read without torturing any babies.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service