Ok, how about this for an idea.  We take it in turns to post a favourite (British spelling) comic cover every day.  This went really well on the comic fan website that I used to frequent.  What we tried to do was find a theme or subject and follow that, until we all got bored with that theme.  I'd like to propose a theme of letters of the alphabet. So, for the remainder of October (only 5 days) and all of November, we post comic cover pictures associated with the letter "A".  Then in December, we post covers pertaining to the letter "B".  The association to the letter can be as tenuous as you want it to be. For example I could post a cover from "Adventure Comics" or "Amazing Spider Man".  However Spider Man covers can also be posted when we're on the letter "S".  Adventure Comic covers could also be posted when we're on the letter "L" if they depict the Legion of Super Heroes.  So, no real hard, fast rules - in fact the cleverer the interpretation of the letter, the better, as far as I'm concerned.

And it's not written in stone that we have to post a cover every day. There may be some days when no cover gets posted. There's nothing wrong with this, it just demonstrates that we all have lives to lead.

If everyone's in agreement I'd like to kick this off with one of my favourite Action Comic covers, from January 1967. Curt Swan really excelled himself here.

Views: 25025

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Two different Nemos

Here is a third Nemo

Two covers from New Adventure Comics, retitled from New Comics, soon to the Adventure Comics. Numbering continued from the original New Comics.

Night Rider #1, Oct 1974, cover by Gil Kane.

Nightcrawler was the "New" X-Man with the most guest shots for the longest time before Wolverine surged ahead of him in the 90s!

His appearances in Amazing Spider-Man #161-162 soared in price, first because of the Tailed Titan then because of the Punisher! He later co-starred in Marvel Team-Up #89, again the first "New" X-Man to do so!

On the ASM #162 cover the kink in the cable Nightcrawler is hanging from is an error. The cable car must weigh much more than he does, and there's no kink where it is. The cables should probably be much thicker, too.

Let's change things up a bit.  Nancy.

Nemesis, created by Cary Burkett and the always under-rated Dan Spiegle, had an impressive over-two year run in Brave & Bold from #166-193 (S'80-D'82). It was a grim story of betrayal, retribution and redemption that deserves to be collected. It's a hidden gem of the late Pre-Crisis period.

Cover for Nanny and the Professor (Dell, 1970 series) #1

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service