Ok, how about this for an idea.  We take it in turns to post a favourite (British spelling) comic cover every day.  This went really well on the comic fan website that I used to frequent.  What we tried to do was find a theme or subject and follow that, until we all got bored with that theme.  I'd like to propose a theme of letters of the alphabet. So, for the remainder of October (only 5 days) and all of November, we post comic cover pictures associated with the letter "A".  Then in December, we post covers pertaining to the letter "B".  The association to the letter can be as tenuous as you want it to be. For example I could post a cover from "Adventure Comics" or "Amazing Spider Man".  However Spider Man covers can also be posted when we're on the letter "S".  Adventure Comic covers could also be posted when we're on the letter "L" if they depict the Legion of Super Heroes.  So, no real hard, fast rules - in fact the cleverer the interpretation of the letter, the better, as far as I'm concerned.

And it's not written in stone that we have to post a cover every day. There may be some days when no cover gets posted. There's nothing wrong with this, it just demonstrates that we all have lives to lead.

If everyone's in agreement I'd like to kick this off with one of my favourite Action Comic covers, from January 1967. Curt Swan really excelled himself here.

Views: 57178

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Lizard was green before the Green Goblin

Three from Space Family Robinson

Orion vs Slig of the Deep Six!

We've seen that Martians (for example, J'onn J'onzz and M'gann M'orzz) are green.  So are Jovians, it would appear.

Another green Doom Patrol baddie

A couple from My Greatest Adventure. 

Is My Greatest Adventure #32 a Dr. Doom story hidden away at DC that up till now has remained unknown?  Who knew?

Two more giant green hands - hey, it's an entry for the "Three of a Kind" discussion thread!

Also, the Flash cover gives us another glimpse of Mike Grell's taste for bell bottoms.

Peter Wrexham said:

there were a lot of bell bottoms of all colours about when Mike Grell was illustrating the Legion.  Truly, the 1970s were the decade that taste forgot.

The question is - Is Sauron wearing a costume or can we see his bare skin under his wings? If we can, then he qualifies to be one of this month's covers!

Sauron?  When I hear the name "Sauron", I think of the guy on the right below.  He doesn't (as far as anyone knows) have green skin, but fortunately Skeletor appears to have a green skull, so I guess that this cover should be acceptable.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service