A Cover a Day

Ok, how about this for an idea.  We take it in turns to post a favourite (British spelling) comic cover every day.  This went really well on the comic fan website that I used to frequent.  What we tried to do was find a theme or subject and follow that, until we all got bored with that theme.  I'd like to propose a theme of letters of the alphabet. So, for the remainder of October (only 5 days) and all of November, we post comic cover pictures associated with the letter "A".  Then in December, we post covers pertaining to the letter "B".  The association to the letter can be as tenuous as you want it to be. For example I could post a cover from "Adventure Comics" or "Amazing Spider Man".  However Spider Man covers can also be posted when we're on the letter "S".  Adventure Comic covers could also be posted when we're on the letter "L" if they depict the Legion of Super Heroes.  So, no real hard, fast rules - in fact the cleverer the interpretation of the letter, the better, as far as I'm concerned.

And it's not written in stone that we have to post a cover every day. There may be some days when no cover gets posted. There's nothing wrong with this, it just demonstrates that we all have lives to lead.

If everyone's in agreement I'd like to kick this off with one of my favourite Action Comic covers, from January 1967. Curt Swan really excelled himself here.

Discussion and voting on future monthly themes takes place on the "A Cover A Day: Nominations, Themes and Statistics" thread.  Click here to view the thread, or here to go to its last reply.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Supergirl got into the act, too!

1936807016?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• And Krypto, too! Adventure Comics 266.

Hoy

1936808496?profile=original

• This prison warden almost got into the act too! Action #323 (April 1965).

1936809970?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• And Jimmy Olsen! But his comic book doesn't start with "A"!

1936806573?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• Captain Comics said:

And Jimmy Olsen! But his comic book doesn't start with "A"!

Ooh, a flimsy rationale to post an old favorite cover of mine!

1936806924?profile=original

• 1936808902?profile=original

• Can't wait any longer. This one's too good.

1936809925?profile=original

• Sometimes Superman himself gets into the act!

1936807574?profile=original

• 1936809785?profile=original

• 1936808494?profile=original1936808545?profile=originalCovers with the letter 'A' as a theme...?

Well, I would wouldn't I?

This reply was deleted.