Ok, how about this for an idea.  We take it in turns to post a favourite (British spelling) comic cover every day.  This went really well on the comic fan website that I used to frequent.  What we tried to do was find a theme or subject and follow that, until we all got bored with that theme.  I'd like to propose a theme of letters of the alphabet. So, for the remainder of October (only 5 days) and all of November, we post comic cover pictures associated with the letter "A".  Then in December, we post covers pertaining to the letter "B".  The association to the letter can be as tenuous as you want it to be. For example I could post a cover from "Adventure Comics" or "Amazing Spider Man".  However Spider Man covers can also be posted when we're on the letter "S".  Adventure Comic covers could also be posted when we're on the letter "L" if they depict the Legion of Super Heroes.  So, no real hard, fast rules - in fact the cleverer the interpretation of the letter, the better, as far as I'm concerned.

And it's not written in stone that we have to post a cover every day. There may be some days when no cover gets posted. There's nothing wrong with this, it just demonstrates that we all have lives to lead.

If everyone's in agreement I'd like to kick this off with one of my favourite Action Comic covers, from January 1967. Curt Swan really excelled himself here.

Views: 138911

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Two teams that deserve a reboot!

Hey, I found one with two groups confronting each other. A classic, at that.

Well folks, afraid I've got to bow out for awhile.

Have to go to the hospital to get an artificial heart valve I received back in 2007 replaced (because it is starting to develop calcium deposits) before it becomes a life threatening situation.

Will be gone a week to ten days, then home for personal recovery between doctor visits.

Should be back online by the first of November in time for Justice Society month, where I'm planning to lead off with the first 4 covers of All Star Comics and a (very) short overview of the team.

Until then...

Lee, thank you for the advance warning of your absence.  All the very best wishes to you for a successful treatment, and a swift recovery.  I'm sure we'll all be thinking of you while you're away.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Lee.

Two somewhat smaller "lines" but this one still counts.

Lee,

Best wishes.  Looking forward to your return.

We look forward to your victorious return, Lee!

And, as it's Thanksgiving/Harvest Festival in Canada, I'm posting rows of food. They're in a line, right?

I’m going to take a quick break from non-DC/non-Marvel covers today— don’t worry I still have plenty.  Most of our covers have been superheroes.  I don’t think we’ve had a western yet.  So here we go.

There are two covers here, and I know that we've been mainly sticking to just one cover a day.  However, I feel that this is arguably not too unfair because:

1. Only one of the covers actually shows the two teams in a line
  2. The two covers really need to appear together for reasons explained below
  3. I already posted these two covers way back when we were doing homage/parody covers

Forgive me?

Peter Wrexham said on March 22, 2019 at 7:38pm:

Even though the covers aren't all that much alike, these two entire issues are homages/parodies of each other.  The writers Marv Wolfman and Mark Evanier got together to arrange a sort of crossover between DC's Teen Titans and Eclipse's DNAgents.  In Wolfman's story, the Teen Titans (Nightwing, Starfire, Cyborg, Wonder Girl and Jericho) meet the ReCombatants (Pseudos, Aurora, Topaz and Dreadnaught), while Evanier describes a meeting between the DNAgents (Sham, Rainbow, Amber, Tank and Surge) and Project Youngblood (Black Owl, Celestia, Roboto, Amazing Girl and Heartstring).

Lee, sending good thoughts your way!

I know that Sue was out with her pregnancy at this time but if she was there, who could have faced her? Medusa was done already, the Wasp and Scarlet Witch were not "solo" stars, so Black Widow? Marvel Girl?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service