Ok, here's an idea for a fun contest. I post a section from a comic cover and you guys try and guess what cover it's from.Whoever guesses correctly, gets to post a portion of a cover themselves, and we all get to guess. It's not good form to post a very tiny part of the cover, as it makes the contest too difficult.

Here's my starter - a clue is that this particular cover (like all of mine) is from the Silver-Age.

Views: 10119

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here's the third:

...and here's the fourth:

Here's another. Beautiful Bernie Wrightson art on the Kull story inside, the first published by Marvel. 

Hoy

Here's the second:

Note who made the corner box!

Here's the last swordish cover.

Hoy

Yep. Congratulations, gents.

My theme was "Marvel Sword and Sorcery/Epic Fantasy of the 70s other than Conan".

I wanna do one. Here's one I thought up over the weekend. It shouldn't be hard for Marvel fans. 

Hoy

The first image is from Journey Into Mystery #66.

The second is Amazing Adventures #11.

I'm not a big Marvel fan, but is the connection "Large Grey Beasts on the cover, using names that, in the future, will become inextricably linked with Marvel superheroes"?

Here are the other two "characters who were originally grey" covers.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service