Ok, here's an idea for a fun contest. I post a section from a comic cover and you guys try and guess what cover it's from.Whoever guesses correctly, gets to post a portion of a cover themselves, and we all get to guess. It's not good form to post a very tiny part of the cover, as it makes the contest too difficult.

Here's my starter - a clue is that this particular cover (like all of mine) is from the Silver-Age.

Views: 7124

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The first cut is from Batman 164, the second of that series' "New Look" issues in 1964. 

Hoy

No. 2 is the cover of Blackhawk #115. A very close repeat of the image appeared on My Greatest Adventure #32.

Here's the last one. I thought the theme was giant hand in the sand, but this one doesn't fit. Let's give Dave a big hand for this theme. 

Hoy

I used to play a similar game with the folks in one of the old Silver Age Yahoo groups and we discovered that for nearly every theme you can find a Wonder Woman cover to match.

Hoy

Okay, here are four easy ones and a bonus. 

Hoy

The theme is obviously "weddings," but I know only 1, 2 and 4 off the top of my head. the other two look familiar, but I'll leave them for someone else.

Here is the 5th one, which illustrates Hoy's point that there was a Wonder Woman cover for every theme.

Here's the last one. Except for Aquaman's wedding, someone in the audience is annoyed. Even Aqualad is happy with his mentor's wedding, unlike his pal Robin.

Young, rich, handsome. Of course Lois is marrying Bruce Wayne "for himself."

Hoy

Here is Lois only one issue after marrying Bruce Wayne.  Talk about fickle.

Maybe not in exactly the same vein as the "hybrids" we were posting yesterday, but here are a couple of other hybrids I came across.

Here's another set of cuts.  All Silver Age and from four different publishers -- does not include DC, although as I just realized a moment ago, I could have posted literally dozens (hundreds?) of DC covers (hint).

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service