Ok, here's an idea for a fun contest. I post a section from a comic cover and you guys try and guess what cover it's from.Whoever guesses correctly, gets to post a portion of a cover themselves, and we all get to guess. It's not good form to post a very tiny part of the cover, as it makes the contest too difficult.

Here's my starter - a clue is that this particular cover (like all of mine) is from the Silver-Age.

Views: 10117

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pic number 3 is from Showcase - Adam Strange - The Planet and the Pendulum.

I know all of 'em but I'll give someone else a chance. This is the first:

Aaah - and the 4th clip is from Brave & Bold - Starman and Black Canary.

The second is Captain Marvel #2. Not certain what the theme is, though...?

From my previous post:   You may need your thinking cap to finish this puzzle and guess the theme.

Hoy

I've been tied up the last week with family matters and am currently driving cross country with my son as he comes home for the summer. I described our current game to him, and he suggested something along the lines of space exploration. We have two characters with "rocket" packs, a "star" man, and a "space" man. I hope those thoughts nudge someone toward the correct theme.
Just made it home. Characters with helmets with fins. Nicely done.

The theme is invisibility. The Super-Skrull has the powers of the Invisible Girl, the Mist uses an invisibility cloak, the Missing Man's body disappears, and Adam's opponents in the cover story from Showcase #17 are never seen.

No?

Seriously, I couldn't see the theme, but it was there in plain sight. That was fun.

Plus, "thinking cap." Well played.

I'm safely back home; how about these cuts (all Silver Age, 4 different publishers).

No 2 is Dell's Frankenstein #4.

the last one is FF #11.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service