Ok, here's an idea for a fun contest. I post a section from a comic cover and you guys try and guess what cover it's from.Whoever guesses correctly, gets to post a portion of a cover themselves, and we all get to guess. It's not good form to post a very tiny part of the cover, as it makes the contest too difficult.

Here's my starter - a clue is that this particular cover (like all of mine) is from the Silver-Age.

Views: 9084

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No. 1 is Green Hornet Comics #7, the first Harvey issue. The GCD attributes the cover's pencils to Jack Kirby and its inks to Joe Simon. The killer clown returned in #10.

The bonus is this issue of Heavy Metal.

Hoy

Here is a complement to the Heavy Metal cover that I used as a bonus (1985).  It is from 1995.  I didn't want to get too far out of the Silver Age.

I don't have much daytime access to this website right now, so my contributions will come mostly in the evenings.

I think the theme is now as clear as the stripes on their backs. 

Hoy

No. 5 is Four Color #501, featuring Francis the Talking Mule.

Why not? He's had worse costumes. 

Hoy

You guys are on a roll.

No. 6 is Dell's Edgar Rice Burroughs' Tarzan #71.

Ooops.

This would be WRONG then..?

Richard,

Hmmm, polka dots.  Just think what we could do with that theme.

"The Amazing Adventure of the Zebra with Spots"  It's a cross-over between the two themes!  Today that would be a 12-issue maxi-series with multiple spinoffs.

And of course, the princess of polka dots

And from a Canadian publisher (Bell Features) The Polka-Dot Pirate

And a cameo by Ann-Margret

Moving right along...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service