Ok, here's an idea for a fun contest. I post a section from a comic cover and you guys try and guess what cover it's from.Whoever guesses correctly, gets to post a portion of a cover themselves, and we all get to guess. It's not good form to post a very tiny part of the cover, as it makes the contest too difficult.

Here's my starter - a clue is that this particular cover (like all of mine) is from the Silver-Age.

Views: 7894

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The third cut is obvious Sheldon Moldoff Batman art, and your 1957 clue led me to Batman 107!

Hoot hoot! Hoy

This might help with the last cut.

Once the owl theme became apparent and we saw a cartoony octopus with a trash bin, I knew Woodsy Owl was involved. 

While I couldn't find an appropriate Wonder Woman cover, I did remember another Silver Age Owl Man.

Hoy

Hoy,

This is really stretching things (and post Silver Age to boot) but here is a Wonder Woman cover with an owl, or more specifically Athena and her companion owl (lower right).  Maybe somewhere there is a better WW cover with Athena and her owl.  Bird Boy and Wonder Girl fighting a giant owl seems like it would have been a natural for the Silver Age.

Here is an image I found of WW with an owl.  I don't think it was ever used as a cover, but I could certainly be wrong on that point.

Here's a bunch of them.  Same theme, although one of them uses the theme in a very different way than the other seven.  All Silver Age.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service