Ok, here's an idea for a fun contest. I post a section from a comic cover and you guys try and guess what cover it's from.Whoever guesses correctly, gets to post a portion of a cover themselves, and we all get to guess. It's not good form to post a very tiny part of the cover, as it makes the contest too difficult.

Here's my starter - a clue is that this particular cover (like all of mine) is from the Silver-Age.

Views: 10137

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No... no, he's not.

The reason for my note was Reed's mind has been transferred into the ship rather than another body. All the other cases in both sets involve mind or intelligence transfers between bodies. Some are cases of mind swaps, but others aren't: e.g. on the Bob Hope covers Hope has been hooked up to robots. The first set is on pp.53-54.

Avengers 162, when the Wasp's brain waves were transferred to Jocasta so Ultron could marry his "mother." Yechh.

Hoy

Sheesh, this one was hard to find!

Hoy

Hoy,

That last one certainly was. I could make out "family" in the logo, but couldn't find it among Batman Family, Superman Family, or Super-Team Family. Great job getting to the bottom of that mystery.

Just prior to this period Detective Comics apparently had sales problems, as there were eight issues cover-dated for 1977 and six for 1978. When the DC Implosion hit DC combined Batman Family with Detective Comics. Detective Comics only carried the Batman Family logo for three issues, but it continued as a giant for awhile.

The cover story of #482 was by Jim Starlin (writing and layouts) and P. Craig Russell. The team also did a Batman story for #481, and Starlin did that issue's cover. Apparently, Starlin's first Batman work was an illustrated poem in Batman Family #17.

My congratulations to Hoy for finding the last cover, and thanks to everyone who played

"Sheesh, this one was hard to find!"

I'll say! What makes it worse is that I even have that issue... for the "Demon" feature, one issue drawn by Michael Golden (IIRC) and the rest by Ditko. Arg!

I bought it for Bat-Mite.

Hoy

Jeff of Earth-J said:

"Sheesh, this one was hard to find!"

I'll say! What makes it worse is that I even have that issue... for the "Demon" feature, one issue drawn by Michael Golden (IIRC) and the rest by Ditko. Arg!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service