Ok, here's an idea for a fun contest. I post a section from a comic cover and you guys try and guess what cover it's from.Whoever guesses correctly, gets to post a portion of a cover themselves, and we all get to guess. It's not good form to post a very tiny part of the cover, as it makes the contest too difficult.

Here's my starter - a clue is that this particular cover (like all of mine) is from the Silver-Age.

Views: 10989

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Luke & Hoy,

It looks like it might be just the three of us.

I don't know it.

1970s. The artist's signature would have given it away, though the GCD credits him with only four of the title's covers, and not with the cover of any issue he drew.

Actually, at first I went looking for covers by Gene Day.  Maybe I was just lucky that I got the correct series, although the martial arts fighting stance of the erased character does help.  

Jeff of Earth-J,

It's already been noted that the cover is about eight years after the end of the Silver Age.  Are those enough clues to help?

No, I either know it or I don't.

I don’t want us to stall.  I don’t have a cut ready to go, so someone jump right in.

Huh. I'm just now reading that series for the first time. But so far I'm only up to #19.

I hope you enjoy it.  I think it was one of the bright spots of the Bronze Age.  

Jeff of Earth-J said:

Huh. I'm just now reading that series for the first time. But so far I'm only up to #19.

Master of Kung-Fu #67 is correct! The artist was Paul Gulacy.

I'll treat any American issue up to Crisis as eligible. Let's see what you gents make of this one:

1970s. You'll get a kick out of it.

I wonder if Dick Giordano had a sense of deja vu drawing the cover the cut is from.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service