Hey all... just wanted to put anyone who cares on the alert that DC Rebirth spoilers have been leaked on Reddit, and they're starting to show up other places. I've seen reference to them on Bleeding Cool, and I think Newsarama has a list up, and I think IGN has something up too. So far, I haven't seen anything leaked in headlines and I don't know what the leaks are, but I just wanted everyone to know that they're out there. So be on your guard.

(Newsarama also has a spoiler-free review up which I skimmed... but looked very positive.)

Views: 2193

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Darkseid = Mel

Barda is Flo, and if you don't like it you can KISS HER GRITS, y'all.

Without digging out my Watchmen book, I think that line of dialogue was specific to the movie. In the original version, Dr Manhattan says he's going to create his own universe or words to that effect.

Since you mentioned the comedy series Alice, I thought I should call attention to the fact that it was based upon a non-comedy movie Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore. In the original version Alice is an abused wife who leaves to start a new life as a single mother. I think in the TV show they omit the abuse. It's a good movie.

Vic Tayback plays Mel, the diner owner, in both. All of the other actors are different.

I thought the actress who played Vera was the same.

Richard Willis said:

Since you mentioned the comedy series Alice, I thought I should call attention to the fact that it was based upon a non-comedy movie Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore. In the original version Alice is an abused wife who leaves to start a new life as a single mother. I think in the TV show they omit the abuse. It's a good movie.

Vic Tayback plays Mel, the diner owner, in both. All of the other actors are different.

Nah, Vera was played by Valerie Curtin in the movie and Beth Howland in the TV show.

In the tv version of Alice, her husband Don was depicted as a saint that was killed in a truck wreck. Alice's mother in law appeared during the first season to sing Don's praises.
In contrast, the movie depicted Mel as the widower. In fact, the diner was called Mel and Ruby's diner. Flo quipped that it was the diner that killed her.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service