Hey all... just wanted to put anyone who cares on the alert that DC Rebirth spoilers have been leaked on Reddit, and they're starting to show up other places. I've seen reference to them on Bleeding Cool, and I think Newsarama has a list up, and I think IGN has something up too. So far, I haven't seen anything leaked in headlines and I don't know what the leaks are, but I just wanted everyone to know that they're out there. So be on your guard.

(Newsarama also has a spoiler-free review up which I skimmed... but looked very positive.)

Views: 2553

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I read Suicide Squad Rebirth last night.

I thought it was a step in the right direction. I liked Amanda Waller (the thicker "The Wall" version at that!) facing off against President Obama. I thought the pared-down version of the Squad was a nice touch, even if I don't really like Harley on the team. The art by Philip Tan looked a lot better than the rest of his work that I've seen. I may just read the next issue of this. I haven't seen the movie, nor do I have any intention, but I look forward to seeing where this might be going.

Well that brings up a question: Who's more powerful, Dr. Manhattan or The Spectre?

(Actually, I'm gonna set up a separate thread asking that very thing, so this one doesn't veer too far off topic.)

Captain Comics said:

They should be selective, though. Batman should ask for most of his years back, but skip over the ones where he had to wear funny-colored uniforms. Spectre, I imagine, would want the world to keep on forgetting Percival Popp, Super-Cop. And Wonder Woman would probably be happier if all those Robert Kanigher stories stayed on some other Earth.

The thing is, Dr. Manhattan sees time all at once, so he already knows if he gets caught or not. Right? But can he change it if he doesn't like the outcome?

Ow. My head just started hurting.

Richard Willis said:

I'd rather they slow pedaled the Watchmen connection than rush it. Either wait until they have a really good story or just ignore it.

What are they going to do? Ask Doc Manhattan to change everything back to Nu52?

I haven’t yet decided to drop Flash, and yesterday I picked up Titans #1 and Supergirl: Rebirth #1. I haven’t read them yet, but I’ve still got skin in the game.

Just finished Red Hood Rebirth #1

This is actually....good?? Written by Scott "how does he still have a job" Lobdell? I just don't believe he wrote this, this was far out of his range, there had to be a ghost-writer somewhere in there. 

Hey...maybe Ann Noncenti can have her own rebirth too. 

It really didn't read like his other stuff, did it? I also enjoyed it. Lobdell is usually so darn wordy that I found it surprising as well. I like Jason Todd as a character quite a bit.

TheBastard said:

Just finished Red Hood Rebirth #1

This is actually....good?? Written by Scott "how does he still have a job" Lobdell? I just don't believe he wrote this, this was far out of his range, there had to be a ghost-writer somewhere in there. 

Hey...maybe Ann Noncenti can have her own rebirth too. 

I read Titans #1 and Supergirl: Rebirth #1 last night.

TITANS: I think that this title will replace Flash as my touchstone to the DCU. There’s something about the plight of Wally west and Linda Park that appeals to me. The art is sub-par, though, like early '90s Liefeld clones.

SUPERGIRL: Apparently there was a previous Nu52 version of Supergirl. (Who knew?) This picks up from that and establishes a new status quo for Supergirl going forward. There’s something clinical about the Danvers and their “assignment” Kara.

I notice that Red Hood shaved off some of Jason Todd's worst history. His Rebirth origin didn't have much to say about the period where he was executing lots of Gotham criminals. Is it ever mentioned in the Rebirth issue that he's ever killed anybody? I'd have to re-read it to see. But the vibe I was left with from that issue is that he's made some mistakes but he's got a good heart, so all is forgiven.

Also, did it mention that he tried to kill Batman for a while? Again, I'll have to re-read it.

But, yeah, it was an awful lot less Lobdell-y than Lobdell's usual work, which is a good thing.

Something similar but less obvious was Supergirl being niced up to be more like her TV counterpart. As I've droned on about here too much, she was just a selfish, whiney a-hole in her New 52 incarnation, and now she's all dedicated and selfless and such. But I suppose the main thing everyone will notice is that she's now working for the DEO (like on TV) and has "foster parents" named Eliza and Jeremiah (like on TV). Now all she needs is a new sister, James Olsen and Cat Grant and the transformation will be complete.

And I noticed the Liefeldiness of the Titans art, too, Geoff. Takes me back to the '90s, and not in a good way. Since I'm not as big a Wally fan as others here, the appeal of Titans for me is the search for Dr. Manhattan.

Well...this looks interesting:

Yep...and I always like a good Batman /Flash teamup.

I just remembered, in the Watchmen movie Dr. Manhattan said that he was going to go to a less complex universe didn't he?  What in the world made him think the DCU is not complicated?

"Less complex universe" is probably just his justification for getting out of his hometown -- the universe he grew up in. He just wants to start fresh, like Linda Lavin's character on Alice.

("I'll take comparisons no one's ever made before for 500, Alex!")

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service