Hey all... just wanted to put anyone who cares on the alert that DC Rebirth spoilers have been leaked on Reddit, and they're starting to show up other places. I've seen reference to them on Bleeding Cool, and I think Newsarama has a list up, and I think IGN has something up too. So far, I haven't seen anything leaked in headlines and I don't know what the leaks are, but I just wanted everyone to know that they're out there. So be on your guard.

(Newsarama also has a spoiler-free review up which I skimmed... but looked very positive.)

Views: 2615

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a feeling this will take years of study to even begin to figure out and I'm not sure my life going to be long enough.  It's like reading Dune or War and Peace.  Besides I fear that just when I sort it out they'll reboot again.  I wonder though, does this mean that Nixon is now president of the US in the DCU?

Richard Mantle said:

Is this not (and no I havern't seen if we see anything of the person themselves) Ozymadias from Watchmen also..?

(Or were you being ironic..?)

Captain Comics said:

OK, I do NOT know who Mr. Oz is. 'Tis a puzzlement.

I hadn't thought of that. An interesting idea.

Nah, we don't have Nixon to kick around anymore.

Mark S. Ogilvie said:

I wonder though, does this mean that Nixon is now president of the US in the DCU?

And his mother was a saint!

Doctor Hmmm? said:

Mark S. Ogilvie said:

I wonder though, does this mean that Nixon is now president of the US in the DCU?

The Baron said:

Richard Mantle said:

Is this not (and no I havern't seen if we see anything of the person themselves) Ozymadias from Watchmen also..?

(Or were you being ironic..?)

Captain Comics said:

OK, I do NOT know who Mr. Oz is. 'Tis a puzzlement.

I hadn't thought of that. An interesting idea.

I looked at it again. It's not obviously Adrian, and it's not obviously not Adrian.

I'm now laughing about how old and nerdy I am.  Thanks, Cap!

Captain Comics said:

And his mother was a saint!

Doctor Hmmm? said:

Mark S. Ogilvie said:

Okay, I’ve read Rebirth and I’ve read the spoilers on the link (which is just a detailed summary of the comic itself). Why anyone who intends to read the comic would read the spoilers first I can’t imagine. But I digress.

First let me say I’ve read Flashpoint, twice, and I never really understood its significance… until Rebirth spelled it out for me. Oh, NOW I get it! Flashpoint leads directly into “The New 52” and it leads directly into Rebirth. Technically, one could have skipped the entirety of DCnU up until this point and not have have missed anything significant. Whether this move was planned all along or is an act of utter desperation I don’t know, but if the former I am impressed.

It strikes me that Rebith is DC’s version on Marvel’s “Heroes Reborn”, but played out on a much larger scale. Instead of affecting four titles for a year, it affected DC’s entire line for four years! For those who liked it, The New 52/Heroes Reborn is still there to be read, enjoyed and considered to be in continuity; for those who did not, it/they can be safely ignored.

Personally, I think DC lost more (way more) than it gained these past four years. Now that I’ve dropped virtually all DC comics, will they be able to lure me back after so long of a time? It’ll be an uphill battle for them.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

Technically, one could have skipped the entirety of DCnU up until this point and not have have missed anything significant. Whether this move was planned all along or is an act of utter desperation I don’t know, but if the former I am impressed.

My guess is that's it's mostly a bit of "buyer's remorse." Judging from comments Johns has made in the past, I think he was never really happy with how things turned out with the New 52 and this is his attempt at righting the ship. He's talked about wanting to restore family and legacy to the DCU. And the first words of Rebirth (spoken through his surrogate; Kid Flash) are, "I look down at it and know without question: I love this world. But there's something missing."

"Rebirth" wasn't subtle at all. It took real world events like Watchmen's influence on comics and DC's Flashpoint decisions and made that the story. HERE'S MY COLUMN on it.

Detective 445 said:

And I still wonder (as I did after Convergence) what the heck is going to be done with Grant Morrison's Multiversity concepts. He did his own take on Watchmen via the Charlton heroes and I really was hoping to see more of them.

As far as I'm concerned, if there's infinite universes, then there's room for any version of any character to come back without any problems.

BWAH-HA-HA!

The Baron said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service