Hey all... just wanted to put anyone who cares on the alert that DC Rebirth spoilers have been leaked on Reddit, and they're starting to show up other places. I've seen reference to them on Bleeding Cool, and I think Newsarama has a list up, and I think IGN has something up too. So far, I haven't seen anything leaked in headlines and I don't know what the leaks are, but I just wanted everyone to know that they're out there. So be on your guard.

(Newsarama also has a spoiler-free review up which I skimmed... but looked very positive.)

Views: 2614

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good idea, Rob!

Today marks DC's first linewide Rebirth sale on Comixology. Unlike their previous practice, with Rebirth DC stopped discounting their digital books a few months after publication. For this week, for most (all?) Rebirth books, the first several issues are priced at 99 cents, with a couple beyond that priced at the still-discounted $1.99. It's a good opportunity to check in on the books I only gave a one-issue sample to, like Batgirl & the Birds of Prey and New Super-Man. Even more recent Rebirth titles, like Batwoman and Justice League of America, are included in the sale. 

DC just released its January solicitations, and New Super-Man has lived to see another issue -- now with a new writer, Mariko Tamaki. This doesn't say "Final Issue," either -- so there'll probably be more to come. 

Superwoman, however, has reached its final issue with January's issue 18 -- the first comic of the DC Rebirth initiative to be canceled for sales.* Whatever happens, I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Lana Lang. 

*All-Star Batman ended its run with issue 14, a couple weeks ago, but that was because Scott Snyder hung it up, not because DC decided that printing money was a bad idea. And it wasn't quite a Rebirth title, anyway... it was almost the opposite of one, as a way for the pre-Rebirth writer to continue writing Batman stories without pulling the focus from Tom King taking the reins.

When Batman White Knight came out, I remembered that Sean Murphy was supposed to have been a part of All-Star Batman. Was this story originally going to be a part of A-SB? Am I wrong in remembering that?

Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) said:

*All-Star Batman ended its run with issue 14, a couple weeks ago, but that was because Scott Snyder hung it up, not because DC decided that printing money was a bad idea. And it wasn't quite a Rebirth title, anyway... it was almost the opposite of one, as a way for the pre-Rebirth writer to continue writing Batman stories without pulling the focus from Tom King taking the reins.

I think Snyder has said there's another Snyder/Murphy Batman story they'd planned, but was put aside for now. I doubt it's White Knight, since that's a Murphy solo joint. But I didn't read All-Star Batman, so I didn't follow the news about it that closely. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service